Swift Communications

www.swiftcom.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Swift Communications to join us.

Interactive Advertising Bureau Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity leave policy is not great, but you can arrange to work from home depending on your department and boss.

The workload is heavy, but if you need to work from home on certain days, they are flexible.

Stetson University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Use your negotiation skills. Some people have negotiated better packages than others.

I am a professor, so I can arrange my own schedule, but I don't think staff have as much flexibility.

I was on bedrest and my colleagues taught my classes for me.

Stanford Health Care Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is some divisiveness amongst women in this organization; this can be something difficult to overcome. I believe this is due to the competitive nature of the corporate world.

Seem like most flexibility is given to those at mid to upper levels of the organization. I was working at the entry level end and did not feel that much flexibility existed with requests for days off.

Success Academy Charter Schools Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

It's an amazing place to work with a lot of flexibility, feedback and results-driven culture!

EH Shum Financial Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't work here. Sexist, racist, rude. Morally bankrupt. Pay discrimination, just awful. I'm the 3rd person in my position in a year, id that tells you anything, it should.

Global Tel*Link Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Limited advancement possibilities and poor compensation. Depressing and degrading work environment. Worksite is always dirty.

FXFOWLE Architects Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Redstone Federal Credit Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Because I had been employed by this company for under a year, I was laid off when I took maternity leave. They wouldn't even discuss unpaid leave. They "assured" me I could re-apply, but only after I had been cleared to return to work. Meanwhile, they filled my job before I could return. In truth, I was dreading on the thought of having to return due to the treatment I received. Luckily I locked down a new (better) job within the same week I was to return.

Brown University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women in very high levels. That's pretty cool. But women still occupy more supportive roles on the whole.

Duke Clinical Research Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

Duke University has a great, well-deserved reputation for its academic excellence. Duke, overall, is also known to have great benefits which I can agree with, in general. However, the Duke Clinical Research Institute, or DCRI for short, falls under the School of Medicine and doesn't have nearly as great of a reputation. Yes, there are smart, well published faculty and impressive research work that has come out of this place but it's a dismal work experience complete with stale employees who have been there too long, forced hierarchies, overly authoritative management, a less than energetic vibe throughout the place and poor quality work. It's true what they say - - make it through that first 3 months of probation and you are a "keeper". You'll work incredibly hard during that first 3 months to prove yourself but once they pass you then you are considered to be a good asset. Now, be prepared to take tons of training classes and to work long hours if you are forced to train AND work on a project immediately out the gate. Beware of being "set up to fail". The DCRI is notorious for doing this to people and everyone will know you're being set up and you'll be the last to know. Advocate for yourself early but if you need your job and can't afford to lose it, then don't speak up too much during that first 3 months. They are not afraid to terminate people and take great pleasure in being able to do so during probation because after probation it is really hard to get someone fired (or, so I have heard). Quality is low and morale is even lower here. Management burned a lot of people a few years ago and people are still talking about it (even to new hires who haven't been on the job for a few weeks!). Senior management is not great. They will appear to advocate for you (one will always claim he is ready to "defend" you) but this is not always the case. Industry trials keep DCRI afloat. You'll learn this during the 1-week long Orientation (which is actually a very nice welcome). Government trials make no money here and these trials are known as slower than industry trials (the lesser talented folks have been known to be put on government trials). People are messing up on projects all the time and never lose their jobs. Staffing is a nightmare - - DCRI can't hire people fast enough or at all. So, tons of contractors are hired for way more money than the salaried employees. Some of these folks have been at DCRI for decades and so their poor performance is often overlooked by their loyalty time and time again. Management has encouraged the growth of a hostile environment (forcing others to talk to people in really mean ways) and then does very little to stop the bullying that occurs as a result of this hostility breeding. Most of the leadership of the top brass are men. Women then make up a better portion of the next layer of management. Blacks and minorities are not represented well in management at all. There are a number of black people who have been at this company for a decade or two and still remain at a low administrative level or not at the top of their job title. Bottomline advice: Work here if you absolutely need the job for money or experience. Then take what you have learned and find a great job at an amazing employer.