Target Corporation http://www.target.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Target Corporation?
Lady AaawRandom Senior team leader, Backroom

My executive team is all women. The seniors in my store are all women. I specifically run the backroom team made up of all men; and recently ran the flow team which was mostly all men. I have been respected in both positions because I have made it a point to "keep up." I can lift, pull pallets, and work just as hard as my team.

Lady Bullseye

I think it depends on what pyramid you work in. I am hourly and work for women and sadly they are not family friendly (unless you are them). When I am there I just want to work and there are countless pointless meetings that hold zero value other than to say there is a meeting. Hourly employees receive 75% of their pay on short term disability when on maternity, exempt employees receive 100% pay.

Depends on where you work (pyramid)
anon1086 Girl Guest service attendant, Guest service

There are more men leaders than women

Lady Italiana

Starting out you won't make much money or get too many hours scheduled. They will cross train you in other hours if you ask; but if you want to work in the other departments you have to hope they schedule you or pick up hours by being called in or if some one chooses to give up their hours.

The money isn't great but the job isn't too difficult.
Lady Macbethany

Not family friendly

I have worked with Target since 2006 and in 4 different stores. I love the company but the professionalism is sub par among the management. The high turnover rate in management is scary. I have 22 years of retail experience and in various positions. It is sad to say that means nothing and my professional business attitude that clients, guests are the reason we are here goes unheard. Management needs improvements. The corporate visits should be unannounced and at all times of the day. Also should not search out the managers to inquire about how team members are applying their skills. The corporate ladder needs to see the lack of in and around. The company though has many good sides but the stores are the improvements that are needed.

It is a good company
Lady HBird

To follow

Lady anon1054 Product owner, Technology

Negotiate your starting salary and vacation. I was told by the Target recruiter, he couldn't negotiate vacation. However, after I was hired I learned of a male hired at the same time as me was able to negotiate another week of vacation.

Lady Sings the blues

Nothing at all

Lady meds PA, Consumables

it all depends on what store you are at and who your managers are . you are expected to get your work done as well as getting others work done when they do not finish. Women are mostly in support roles and you find only a few in upper store management, At least where I work now. if you are "JUST" a team member you are treated as such and are not heard or at least they listen but nothing is done. you do have "favorites" that will get the hours the pay and the recognition.

Women Review Target Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Target Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3 stars, based on 39 reviews Company Website Lady AaawRandom Lady Bullseye anon1086 Girl Lady Italiana Lady Macbethany Lady anon1061 Lady HBird Lady anon1054 Lady Sings the blues Lady meds