Ted Baker

www.tedbaker.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Ted Baker to join us.

Talen Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There needs to be higher compensation for the effort put in. A woman especially, working as a single mother needs more.

It's flexible in that I can pick my own hours which is good, however it takes a lot longer than I need to complete assignments and I can't pick as many as I want. I have to wait for QA to move on.

Maternity leave should be a year, and paid. Some countries do this. This is an important and critical time to bond with our children.

American Association for Justice Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its a strong sense of community here, but the few men who are on staff advance faster than women and have less to prove.

The flexibility really depends on which department you are in and what role you play. Personally, I am not allowed to telecommute but I believe most of the other positions are.

Jackson National Life Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great benefits and pays pretty well. Work life balance is good depending on what position you are in.

N/A

Red Branch Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I was very pleased to have the paid maternity leave I was given. My son is almost two years old and I still have the privilege of working from home two days a week with two short days so I can be with him. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Tri Marine International, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

The segment of the seafood industry in which I work is extremely male dominated. As such there is a long standing history of being dismissive of women in management roles and the road to improvement is a long one.

Rivet Works, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

There are several male members of the company that believe that it's their right and privilege to state disparaging and demeaning opinions about women, non-whites, and members of the LGBT community—anywhere, and anytime—within the work environment.

There really isn't anything—I am only staying until I can find something else.

Clinton Global Initiative Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great organization overall. For new mothers, there are "Mother Rooms" all through the organization for those women to access.

Fleishman-Hillard Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for more than 10 years, in part because it's a great company for women. There are many opportunities for advancement and career development. In any agency, hours can be tough at times but there's flexibility for those who are passionate and committed.

Wells Enterprises, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I worked there for 2 years. It was dream job for a full year, then things got dicey with layoffs and restructures - more than I could count. After the most recent restructure, my position was eliminated but I was not. No one could give me a straight answer as to why, or what my new position was. I left very soon after.