The Cara Program

www.thecaraprogram.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at The Cara Program to join us.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

BCBG Max Azria Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Looks matter; there is pressure to lose weight and be beautiful

Exelon Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a good company with problems promoting and evaluating people according to results delivered rather than facetime.

NetGain Information Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

NetGain touts they are a "family" based employer. I have been written up for 2 minutes late the first time. It didn't start off really well. Now I'm expected to be here an hour early to plan my day. It changes from minute to minute with unrealistic expectations.

Clarkston Consulting Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

3 months for maternity leave is considered generous, not taking into account how they make you work long hours, travel Monday to Thursday, pay for your OWN LUNCHES out of town and they refuse to reimburse you for your cellphone or lunches even if they call you constantly & make you work away from home. They hassle you over expenses, they don't appreciate young women and favour older, middle-aged family men. Then on top of all that, they promote the most unfair, unequal, incompetent female role models to 'partner' and expect us all to cheer for womanhood. Terrible company.

Spotsylvania County, Virginia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You will have to use your vacation and sick leave hours if you want to be paid during maternity leave. Also, if you and your spouse both with for the County, you will have to share your allotted 12 weeks of FMLA protected time off after the birth of a child. This is a good old boys club but it is slowly changing. There are a few women in leadership positions and more advancing as older workers retire. Hard work is appreciated but not necessarily rewarded. However, I always leave work on time and I can take leave whenever I need to. I was able to pump in my office three times during the workday until my child was a year old.

La Quinta Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

It is not such a great place to work if you have a family in need of health insurance. Working at a franchise with a small staff the conditions are not good for a woman who needs to pump for a breastfeeding baby at home. I have not worked here while pregnant.

Regeneron Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

Very few women at the top. The women that are at the top are often known for being deconstructive towards other women, instead of supporting them to the top. There have been some events/seminars targeting women and all have been completely outdated and almost sexist.

Salesforce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.1

March 2015

Work hard and don't wait for deals to come to you. Set your self- brand strategy from day 1. The higher up you get the more you will work with men, a lot of women I know took maternity leave, the company is extremely supportive of this and even have an internal taskforce called FemmeForce which is all about equality for women. The Enterprise team however is a lot more men-focussed and not a lot of promotions from within.

ABB NZ Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

For mums- company will do what is required to be offered by law. Time asked off for maternity leave is always given. Mums are at mercy of their boss and management for flexibility of work hours/ part time hours if they want to balance kids and career. Part time work / flex hours is usually not okayed.