The Climate Reality Project https://climaterealityproject.org/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about The Climate Reality Project?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at The Climate Reality Project to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

SNV USA

5/19/16, 7:51 PM

While there are many flexible benefits and hours, much is department - dependant and manager - dependant.

Maine Audubon

0%say women are treated fairly
100% would not recommend
3/31/16, 12:11 PM

non profit means expectation is give more get less

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Nature Conservancy

2/15/16, 9:53 AM

I've worked here for 1 year, but there are not a lot of women within the conservation department (although I am starting to note changes in recent months). Our regional team has several women working within the marketing and philanthropy departments, however. While maternity leave is a legal requirement in the country I work in, I think it can be difficult to fully have maternity leave without expectations to answer emails and phone calls.

Seed Savers Exchange

0%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
2/10/16, 12:29 AM

I worked at this company for 4 years and moved between roles - all of the moves lateral in terms of autonomy although they involved increased responsibility and higher pay grades. A male coworker hired at the same time went from a similar pay/status level in the organization to running an entire department in 2 years after his female manager left. In my time there the management team went from having about a 50/50 ratio of men and women to just 2 women and 7 men, despite the employee base leaning much more heavily towards women. When women tended to leave jobs, men were promoted into their roles from within. However, when men left management positions, other men were hired from outside the organization to fill the roles. Rather than train female employees in tractor driving, they often looked to hire new male employees. Male field crew workers make comments about a woman's ability to work and managers are sometimes dismissive of complaints about "joking behavior." In my time there I knew of only one female employee who took maternity leave and returned from it - others simply quit their jobs when they got pregnant or went on leave.

Maybe. If you have a higher degree and are ready to play office politics to hold onto or gain autonomy

California Certified Organic Farmers

12/30/15, 6:59 AM

Women dominate the company. They are in leadership roles. Lots of young working moms. Very supportive and family friendly.

Texas Parks And Wildlife Foundation

12/15/15, 3:12 PM

Executive level positions are predominantly held by women here. Everyone - female or male - has input in decision making.

Sierra Club

10/20/15, 6:59 PM

It is only within the last several years that Sierra Club has offered paid leave. At 6 weeks paid, it's better than most, though not as good as some. BUT they offer paid leave to women and men, and 12 weeks total leave (paid + unpaid) is standard for all employees, even though many (inc myself) do not technically qualify under FMLA. They were willing to allow me to take additional unpaid personal leave to work half time for a month, which also allowed me to retain full benefits, and I was able to cover my unpaid leave time with sick time. Other women in the organization have taken even longer leaves. My manager has been hugely supportive during pregnancy and after. It has been my experience that women are treated very fairly here.