The Creative Group

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at The Creative Group to join us.

LIVunLtd Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

All talk. No action. Passive aggressive enviornment. Poor leadership/management.

Putnam County Schools Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Unless you have the connections, there is no room for upward momentum or pay increases.

Penske Automotive Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Even some of the women there discriminate against other women

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Paychex Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Lots of stressful work at low pay. Great benefits and the potential to learn new skills/acquire more knowledge.

KPMG Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

July 2016

The firm us very flexible. However, there are no women partners in my group. (About 70 male partners).

DreamUp Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would advise a woman to get everything is writing here, and have a professional review the contract.

Embrace the success of employees rather than hold it against them.

Fullerton College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This was a great college to work for. Maternity leave was unpaid but I was able to take 20 weeks off to bond with my baby. It put a huge strain on my finances but my department was accommodating in that I was able to take breaks to pump in a separate office.

Genscript Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Gender balance is pretty good among all departments, but upper management is predominantly men. Many women have taken 6-12 week maternity leaves or intermittent or month-long family medical leaves to take care of sick children or parents; men have taken shorter (2-4 weeks) parental leaves. There does not seem to be any penalty for it other than the financial hit as there is little paid leave, though HR is helpful with filing for NJ FML and STD leave. Health insurance benefits are pretty good. Gender seems less a potential basis for discrimination in promotions than lack of fluency in Chinese.

Medinformatix Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There appears to be no mobility. The benefits are costly. There is no mentorship. There is no code review. If you write code that can be written better, the reason given is simply a "This is just terrible. I don't want to make you feel bad, but you need to really understand that this is TERRIBLE code."

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.