Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at The Gersh Agency to join us.

Coach, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.1

November 2018

On a store level, the team sales philosophy fosters great cooperation but is not a good fit if you are cutthroat/competitive.

It will vary store to store, but depending on the manager, very flexible.

Improve career growth opportunities.

University of Rhode Island Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

I was a graduate student researcher and so don't really know what it would be like for a regular employee.

Dolce & Gabbana Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

If you are looking for something glamorous, then sure - but honestly I wouldn't do it again.

United States General Services Administration Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a significant number of women in leadership roles at this agency and plenty of promotion potential- the agency tends to be a bit top heavy in my opinion. From my personal experience I did feel appreciated by my employer and for those that work hard, they do invest in you and give you opportunities to reach your greatest potential.

within the past 7 years GSA has expanded it’s telework program to 4 days a week which has been a huge motivator in getting people to stay at the agency long term. Since the regional headquarters are often located in the central business district the telework policy makes it possible for working moms to move out to the suburbs where housing is not as costly, daycare is not as costly, the school districts are far superior, and crime rates are lower.

Distribute the workload responsibilities more fairly. The salary, while competitive, doesn’t seem fair when not everyone in the agency carriers equal weight. There are some individuals who have “cushy jobs” - very little responsibilities within this agency verses others who are held to a much higher standard, who have the responsibility of spending millions of tax dollars, who are interfacing with clients and high level officials and are given little support to do their jobs. Too many “behind the scenes” jobs and not enough individuals who do the real mission work of the agency. It’s not that there’s a staffing problem, it’s that management isn’t utilizing their workforce efficiently and even years and years of multiple hiring freezes and workforce reduction through attrition hasn’t changed this. Those that excel at their jobs are rewarded with more work and experience burnout.

Inter-American Investment Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a strong Latin American culture so family values are highly valued as well as interpersonal relationships. Sometimes it is hard to steer the conversation away from your kids towards work topics especially for women (I dont see that as a problem for men here)

Flexibility is at the discretion of supervisor

University of Pittsburgh Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

There are great benefits here, but as staff the maternity leave is lacking. If you are in a faculty position, your situation is much better off.

This is probably specific to my area of employment - I do research, which is fairly flexible in general. I do not know the flexibility of administrative or fiscal employees

I used my sick leave first for paid leave - got 6 weeks of 60% short term disability.

VF Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Jeanswear and Corporate are in the midst of a transition I believe. There are many people who have been at the company for years and are waiting out their time until they can claim their pension. There is a family type atmosphere because so many people have been at the company for so long. There is currently no parental leave policy in place and very few women in senior management. Lots of traditional attitudes and lots of older white men are in charge. Other VF coalitions and brands may have different atmospheres.

The company (Jeanswear coalition and corporate) is sometimes flexible on a case by case basis but much more needs to be done. There are currently no allowances for working remotely, compressed work hours, or flexible work arrangements.

Digital Prospectors Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a company that values the employees that work here. I've never worked with or for a group of managers that wants to succeed with their staff more in my 11+ year career.

J. Walter Thompson Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

July 2016

I work in a very niche department, so not sure true for entire company.

New Balance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

In general, work-life balance is good at New Balance. New Balance is very respectful of the fact that employees (both men and women) have a life outside of work.(At least this is true for the Lawrence, MA office. This may be different at different offices.) The standard work day is 7.5 hrs and there is virtually no pressure to work longer hours on a regular basis. Using all your vacation/paid time off as needed is also perfectly OK. New Balance is also pretty good about flexible work hours although this depends somewhat on the demands of a specific position. However, New Balance's maternity leave policy is merely OK. You can use short-term disability to get 8 weeks of leave at 60% pay and many women take another 4 weeks of unpaid leave to max out the 12 weeks of maternity leave guaranteed by the family medical leave act. There isn't a true maternity leave that is separate from short-term disability. I would say that, on the whole, there are as many women as men working at New Balance, but there are fewer women than men working in upper management roles. However, I am not sure what is preventing more women from filling these roles because men and women generally appear to be treated equally at New Balance.