The Home Depot http://www.homedepot.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about The Home Depot?

Don't bother, unless your going to work front end like cashier or service desk

ClassASkeptic Lot Loader

I worked a manual labor job, for which women aren't normally hired for but Home Depot hired me and, even though I heard a lot from customers about my gender my coworkers were always incredibly supportive and even told off a customer or two when it got ridiculous. Great company to work for.

LadyAtl

Great values as company. Flexibility, support, etc. completely depends on your leadership. My leadership is very supportive and flexible.

Lady anon1097 Freight team member overnights, Freight

Be prepared to be second guessed on your knowledge and capabilitie to keep up with the men. Don't be afraid to ask for help but don't let them push you around. Management is all male. There will be plenty of sexist jokes.

If you work days there are plenty of women but night I'm the only girl. Your constantly reminded your a girl and that you aren't as strong as men.
Lady MyFairlyComplexLady Sales Associate, Hardware

Customers will doubt your knowledge and older male associates will assume your incompetence. If you keep your nose to the grind you can make full time pretty easily but don't expect any kind of praise or recognition for doing so.

Depends on what department they end up in.
Madam ladybug Cashier, Home depot

You can move up fast

Lady Redds Customer service, Returns

I really like my job but u really have to have tough skin. It's all in a days work.

Lady miss21lissa

It's easy to move up on the company. And I noticed a lot of female lead positions.

Lady Fiori IT

Like anywhere else in tech, you have to work extra hard to be taken seriously and withstand a lot of politically incorrect jokes.

Lady hardware

The company has made efforts to improve fairness and have a variety of programs for women. I still think the company (and industry) is very male dominated. No blatant discrimination but depending on the group, can be more challenging to "network" with colleagues (be one of the guys).

More of a culture fit question- outside of gender.

Women Review The Home Depot for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of The Home Depot by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 35 reviews Company Website anon1882 ClassASkeptic LadyAtl Lady anon1097 Lady MyFairlyComplexLady Madam ladybug Lady Redds Lady miss21lissa Lady Fiori Lady hardware