The Home Depot

Headquarters:Atlanta, Georgia(USA)10,000+ Employees
3.4

"If you want to climb the ladder, go to Georgia... your work ethic and passions will take you as high as you want to go. If you don't want to move there... it's limited to how much growth there is."
One thing The Home Depot can improve?
"Depends on where you work in the organization; some are flexible to a point letting people work around home/life/kids, etc. Others you have so little time, there isn't any time left in your day to work around all the other stuff in life!"
Would you recommend The Home Depot to other women?
"Be prepared to get dirty. Home Depot has a lot of building material that is dirty !!! Very dusty place !!!"
"not sure"
Cashier, Retail
"My direct supervisor has offered to help with schedules when things happen. They did offer me a regular weekend day off ! "
Would you recommend The Home Depot to other women?
" Would recommend if the pay was more than $11.50 an hour & there was a union, which is needed there."
"It is a good company, with fantastic values. And you will learn a lot and be pushed (in a good way to develop). They incent leadership to develop and promote their people. Compensation (especially promotional compensation once you are in the company) is highly constricted with red tape. So push hard for what you think you deserve before you walk in the door. They WILL pay it, but you won't get much once you are an orange apron."
One thing The Home Depot can improve?
"Inequality is a part of the culture, and while it's changing, it's a slow change. Women are in prominent leadership positions, and are typically respected, however there are enough good 'ol boys to constantly question yourself. I would say the company is more age-gender in-equal than gender specifically. There are a good number of late 40s to early 60s men that display hostility to young, assertive women. That being said, it's a great experience to understand better how to navigate this fact of life."
Senior Manager, Operations
"Flexibility was all about where you were and what you could negotiate for yourself. I was lucky that I was in a highly vital, critical leadership position. Because I had proved my value I essentially came in when I wanted and left when I wanted. I believe firmly in a 40 hour week unless there is an emergency, so I was able to also offer this to my direct and indirect reports."
"Short term disability, full pay for 6 weeks (vaginal delivery), and 8 weeks (c-section). Time requirement is 90 day probationary period (when you get benefits, you get STD coverage). FMLA available after paid leave. (Salaried benefits only)"
Would you recommend The Home Depot to other women?
"Don't bother, unless your going to work front end like cashier or service desk"
Would you recommend The Home Depot to other women?
"I worked a manual labor job, for which women aren't normally hired for but Home Depot hired me and, even though I heard a lot from customers about my gender my coworkers were always incredibly supportive and even told off a customer or two when it got ridiculous. Great company to work for. "
One thing The Home Depot can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
, Lot Loader
Would you recommend The Home Depot to other women?
"Great values as company. Flexibility, support, etc. completely depends on your leadership. My leadership is very supportive and flexible."
One thing The Home Depot can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"