Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at NSSGA to join us.

Professional Self Storage Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

they sometimes embellish benefits during interviews, I was told I would get $250 per mo. for health ins. but it never happened

Colorado State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very gratifying to help students. Fairly male dominated. Extremely flexible.

Not for Pay, Hiring

WSP Global Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We are an engineering firm, and as such we don't have as many women as I think we should. However, upper management is actively working on this. Unfortunately, the parental leave policy remains unchanged. Other than that, I find working there to be really enjoyable. The men on my team very much respect their female colleagues. I enjoy the collaborative environment and focus on professional development opportunities.

My team is very flexible - work from home, alternate work hours, switching to part time when you have young kids, etc.

The paid leave is 1 week. Of course we can get an additional 11 weeks unpaid based on FMLA. I have short term disability insurance, which will cover partial salary for some of that time. However, my team is extremely flexible - I have seen women take 16 and 20 weeks with no issue from management.

Workplace Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

As long as you get the work done, how and when you do the work is pretty flexible

Better management training for new (and existing) managers

Airbus Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is really a very good company to work for. I just want to see more women hired and promoted into leadership positions

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

CSAA Insurance Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Frustrating place to work as a woman.. Upper management consists of old white males

A combination of promoting women, better pay for women, less nepotism

Holabird & Root Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

NA

JTB USA Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a work place with majority women. It's easy to adjust work time or time off for kids. But the salary is pathetic. Very little chances of career development.

Nurturing Wisdom Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for about a year and a half and had a great experience. I really felt the management - both men and women - were understanding and supportive. It is ultimately a woman-owned and woman-run company.

Duke Clinical Research Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

Duke University has a great, well-deserved reputation for its academic excellence. Duke, overall, is also known to have great benefits which I can agree with, in general. However, the Duke Clinical Research Institute, or DCRI for short, falls under the School of Medicine and doesn't have nearly as great of a reputation. Yes, there are smart, well published faculty and impressive research work that has come out of this place but it's a dismal work experience complete with stale employees who have been there too long, forced hierarchies, overly authoritative management, a less than energetic vibe throughout the place and poor quality work. It's true what they say - - make it through that first 3 months of probation and you are a "keeper". You'll work incredibly hard during that first 3 months to prove yourself but once they pass you then you are considered to be a good asset. Now, be prepared to take tons of training classes and to work long hours if you are forced to train AND work on a project immediately out the gate. Beware of being "set up to fail". The DCRI is notorious for doing this to people and everyone will know you're being set up and you'll be the last to know. Advocate for yourself early but if you need your job and can't afford to lose it, then don't speak up too much during that first 3 months. They are not afraid to terminate people and take great pleasure in being able to do so during probation because after probation it is really hard to get someone fired (or, so I have heard). Quality is low and morale is even lower here. Management burned a lot of people a few years ago and people are still talking about it (even to new hires who haven't been on the job for a few weeks!). Senior management is not great. They will appear to advocate for you (one will always claim he is ready to "defend" you) but this is not always the case. Industry trials keep DCRI afloat. You'll learn this during the 1-week long Orientation (which is actually a very nice welcome). Government trials make no money here and these trials are known as slower than industry trials (the lesser talented folks have been known to be put on government trials). People are messing up on projects all the time and never lose their jobs. Staffing is a nightmare - - DCRI can't hire people fast enough or at all. So, tons of contractors are hired for way more money than the salaried employees. Some of these folks have been at DCRI for decades and so their poor performance is often overlooked by their loyalty time and time again. Management has encouraged the growth of a hostile environment (forcing others to talk to people in really mean ways) and then does very little to stop the bullying that occurs as a result of this hostility breeding. Most of the leadership of the top brass are men. Women then make up a better portion of the next layer of management. Blacks and minorities are not represented well in management at all. There are a number of black people who have been at this company for a decade or two and still remain at a low administrative level or not at the top of their job title. Bottomline advice: Work here if you absolutely need the job for money or experience. Then take what you have learned and find a great job at an amazing employer.