The Roxy London

theroxy.co.uk/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at The Roxy London to join us.

Panopto, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Equal pay - amazing maternity leave (12 weeks) - and focuses on work-life balance.

VICE Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.3

Do a trial run of 30-days to 3 months to figure out the culture.

The company already has women in leadership position and is open to work-life balance; however the treatment of ignoring the experience and going with what a male friend said undermines the physical policies.

Rolling Stone Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Before I say anything else I want to be clear that I did really love working here and did really enjoy my job. But I also want to make it clear that it is extremely difficult for women to break into editorial jobs at the magazine. During my many years there, there were only two female editors. And neither were ever given an office. It's a very male-dominated culture, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Again, I worked with some extremely talented people, and on a day-to-day basis I was usually very happy. But I would say to any woman considering working there: Go in with your eyes open. Get experience, put the name on your resume, and then move on. As for work/life balance, there is very little. The hours are long (as is standard for publishing), and there is no flexibilty with hours or working offsite (although the online department may offer some ability to work from home, not sure).

The company offered 12 weeks maternity leave, but only seven weeks were paid. Six weeks of those seven were paid as part of short-term disability leave (though they were paid at full salary). Since there is a week before disability pay kicks in, they use a weeks' worth of your (10) sick days to cover the first week of your leave. If you had to stop working early, they would take that time out of your 12 weeks. (To be fair, although that is the actual policy, they did let me work from home the week leading up to my due date.) You can also choose to use your vacation days as part of your leave, although you will not receive that pay until you return to work.

Alaska Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Get to know people, find common ground, and trust your instincts. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out the definition of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Company rolled out "unlimited time off" in 2016. Pros: Family emergencies and maternity leave is treated very delicately. Cons: Approval and review of "appropriate" leave time for unregulated absences is left up to manager discretion based on requirements of your position within your work group (e.g. don't bank on going to your daughter's high school graduation if it's bad timing for your unconcerned boss).

Cultivate greater employee trust by providing clear and transparent alignment with shared values and developing a collaborative (vs. combative) leadership culture.

ManTech International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you want to get paid less, expected to work harder than males, work here. Also you will be subjected to the very sexist concept that you "better get along with everybody else." That is no matter if you are paid less, get yelled at and downgraded and treated like a serf. NEVER, no NEVER EVER, work for a co. with MAN in the name. Not a good idea. working at man-tech is worse than the 1950s in their attitudes. man-tech's senior leadership team shows the AWM (All White Male) syndrome. The pattern is that everyone but the HR director is a whilte male. http://www.mantech.com/about/management/Pages/management.aspx Their board of directors only has one female. NOT ENOUGH. My grade for them is a 1% on the scale of 0 to 100.

Colorado Community College System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great for maternity leave as compared to other companies.

Intelsat, S.A. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

No advancement opportunities for women here.

FHI 360 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated fairly, but senior management is male dominated

Villa Victoria Academy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Faith-based organization whose teaching practices for science often are in conflict with best practices for science education. Way too focused on standardized tests.

Guy Carpenter & Co Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 7 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in support roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. I have increased responsibilities and workload without any pay increase. Three men in my department have received multiple promotions since I began my employment. I don't know my pay grade or my salary range. I have asked for it but never received. When I inquire about to HR they contact my boss and not me. My boss asked me why I went to HR that everything should be handled locally. So now I'm afraid to ask anyone about my pay. I just stay silent and hope to just keep my job. I get compliments all the time about my work but can't get higher than a 3 no matter how well I perform. And my boss doesn't like to do reviews so I haven't had one in 2 years. My last increase was 1.5 percent. I don't know how that compares to my peers. Seems low to me.