The Sherwin-Williams Company http://www.sherwin-williams.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about The Sherwin-Williams Company?
Lady rejoicealways Sales Associate

I've worked here for a little over a year. It is a mainly male-dominated industry but I feel the women that work at SW are treated fairly. Management roles are attainable and we aren't limited by our gender. (I will edit this later if possible.)

Lady TicToc7 PT-Decorative Product Sales Associate, Madison District

I've been working for this company for about 2 years now and I can say that it is definitely a male dominated environment. 90% of the sexual discrimination comes from painters, contractors and homeowners. It is also a harsh place to work when you're 5'1" because for me I have to use the ladder to get product from the second shelf all the time. I don't get any sexual discrimination from my coworkers, but thats because my store is the only one in my area that has 3 women and 1 man working. The best way to deal with discrimination from customers is being tactful when talking to them. If a customer asks for a male employee my usual response is, "We do have one, but I can help you with whatever it is you need." This usually works and if they have a strange question, "Let me look into that" is my response. It's like throwing shade, but more professional. Women are also apparently the only ones "really good with color", but we all know that isn't necessarily true.

Good starter job and a good workout
Lady tammy_m_thomas

Great Company to work for. They put women involvement. Have several meeting a year with our Women's Group, and during annual meeting .

Lady reynie

I WORKED FOR TEN YEARS, AND SAW SEVERAL NEW EMPLOYEES (MEN) HIRED AT 50 cents an hour less than i was earning. They had no experience but hired with nearly the same rate of pay.

WOMEN MUST WORK HARDER FOR RESPECT
Lady sherwin

Though the job is physically demanding, I really enjoy my job most days. You never know how each day will play out, so it's not a dull job. You have to have a good eye for color, able to problem solve, and able to lift and carry heavy materials. Must be resilient against male chauvinism. It's a male dominated industry, so women get treated like they are just decorators and aren't able to assist with product related questions. Bonus structure is nice and base salary is generous. Benefits are great all around and the company will match up to 6% of 401k investments with company stock. Biggest con is the physical aspect of the jo. The amount of lifting and carrying, standing and walking is really hard on the joints and back.

Job is physically rough on the body, lifting heavy products constantly.
Lady lily

Great company. Some management very immature and need a refresher course on HR policy.

depends on the district
Lady AndTheTrampoline Manager, Sales

There are industry stereotypes you must overcome being a woman. Once you've earned the respect of your customers, it's smooth sailing. The first year can be tough. You will benefit from having or most certainly will develop thick skin. There is sexism running rampant, but if you choose this career path, the opportunities are amazing. Just be prepared....

It takes a certain type of woman!
Lady Kate09 Store Manager, Americas Group

They are working to bring as many women in as fast as possible. But there is still the good old boy system with man who are not sure about all the women yet.

If you are able to move any place with little notice, then yes.
Lady Danimay Sales Rep, Floorcovering

The first 1-2 years you will be doing a lot of manual labor. As you move up in the company you will do less. Sherwin also has many leadership opportunities for those who want to lead. And the company also has a Women's Networking Group, there women network at all levels within the company. The Company is still predominately men (it being construction based) but don't let that hinder you from trying it out, if you are willing to put in the work... The sky is the limit.

Lady Days Marketing

I've worked here for awhile, it is a good company.

Women Review The Sherwin-Williams Company for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of The Sherwin-Williams Company by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 16 reviews Company Website Lady rejoicealways Lady TicToc7 Lady tammy_m_thomas Lady reynie Lady sherwin Lady lily Lady AndTheTrampoline Lady Kate09 Lady Danimay Lady Days