The University of Central Oklahoma

www.uco.edu

Many opportunities for professional development, everyone is extremely friendly and willing to help you find your way

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Promotion to a level of decent pay doesn't happen unless you have a penis. Your actual work doesn't matter much as pay is measured by ass to chair time not skill and commitment. If you want a lackluster career this place is for you. There are no merit-based salary increases as a result of annual reviews, slim to no bonuses where everyone gets the same amount despite pay level and service. Actually salary increases rarely happen, even annual COLA increases are rare. I've received one increase in my 8 years there. The other university I moved to in the metro two years ago has already given me two salary increases and a 2% bonus once.

There is no maternity leave here. Basic unpaid FMLA is all they offer

• Family Friendly Aspects?

I do NOT recommend unless you're looking to bank a bunch of leave so you can take "maternity leave"

I worked there for 4 years, there were no bonsues unless everyone got the same amount and barely any salary increases except a random COLA in year 2. Merit isn't valued. There is no family leave. vacation and sick leave is a bit above average for this area plus it rolls over from year to year. The people making the decisions are all men and it appears to be the "good ol boy" system.

If they're incompetent and can't find any other job at a legit place of work