The Walt Disney Company http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about The Walt Disney Company?
Michigan10

It's difficult to move up the chain and if you have a quiet demeanor that is seen as negative

mardigras Sales

Family Friendly Company with great perks. Everyone works hard but you definitely have to be a squeaky wheel or boast about your accomplishments to be seen.

anon2031 Asst Manager, Retail

I love my job 95% of the time...sometimes it's stressful, but I can continuously reframe my attitudes and perspectives for my own balance and success. This is a review of a Disney Store

Captain She

There are upsides to working for TWDC like their benefits, flexible hours, and perks - but there is also a double standard for men and women when it comes to career mobility, and one must have a lot of patience and be willing to work twice as hard for half the recognition. You must be able to speak up for yourself and have a willingness to ask for what you believe you deserve, sometimes twice or three times, and really stay on them to deliver. Finding a mentor, or an executive that you trust that will also repeatedly go to bat for you is crucial for your success - if it happens to be a man, all the better. There is definitely a 'good ole' boys' culture to a certain degree. And know that HR reps are in place to protect the company more so than they are there to protect you.

Depending on their line of work, and their willingness to work twice as hard for half the recognition. There are upsides to working for TWDC, but there is also a double standard for men and women when it comes to career mobility, and one must have a lot of patience. This is a review of The Disney Music Group
anon1757 Manager, Marketing & Sales

Find a mentor in the company if you want to succeed

Some departments seem to be more female friendly than others

BehindTheScenes Operations

Working conditions is not ideal but I feel no disadvantage in being a woman here.

Mickeyismyboss

Working at Disney is great, it is the happiest place on earth after all. There are certain areas of the company that gender inequality actually runs in the favor of women (Marketing), other areas (like technology) women are few are far between. I find that the company caters to families and respecting time off for kids, but I find that if you don't have a young family and are single is when the inequality comes in.

dreamare

It greatly depends on the area of the company. Pay attention to how many women seem to be in the area you are looking, and whether they seem happy. Ask how many of the people in the management chain you would be under and working with are women.

It depends on the segment. Some parts of the company are much better than others. Technology is the worst I've seen.
Certain divisions are toxic within the company and need to be cleansed or reprogrammed. They need to pay attention to where women both aren't and are fleeing from. It should be obvious where the problems lie. Also any area that likes to use words like "rockstar" for their employees, is likely to have problems, and not just for women.
Merie

Disney really is a magical place to work and there are so many benefits. There is a lot of room for growth in both policies and culture change around diversity, and steps are being taken in the right direction, but women aren't on equal ground yet.

Women Review The Walt Disney Company for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of The Walt Disney Company by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 23 reviews Company Website Michigan10 mardigras anon2031 Captain She anon1757 BehindTheScenes Mickeyismyboss dreamare Merie