Time Inc. http://www.timeinc.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Time Inc.?

Things can work out, but the flexibility within the company is a little off right now. Definitely not somewhere I'd recommend if you're going to need time off in the near future.

I would recommend going back to TimeInc, but I specifically had a female employer who felt threatened by other women and made life hard for people all around her.
Kindnesscounts Director, Hum

We have women in leadership positions but not enough. They are looking for a bit of a cookie cutter type of person. Not enough room for cultural differences

Opportunities for promotion

Be assertive and advocate for yourself. There is limited room for growth if you're planning on being in publishing your entire career.

HR is your friend; they are a fabulous resource and will listen to concerns and help with internal mobility.

Momodance Editor, Magazine Editorial

Working from home used to be a no, but not that we've moved downtown, it's been easier for some to work from home some days. Though still not an easy gig to get for most. The favorites get it.

Women get paid 2 months. Frowned upon if you take more unpaid.
Madam Dream Job Production Manager, Production

There are a ton of women working here, and I'm sure most have a good experience. It was difficult in my department to take days off for child care without being made to feel like you were abusing the system. It was also frowned upon to raise your hand for opportunities or new learning experiences. I often felt like y requests to take on more and grow were not taken seriously. I would like to add, though, that while I did experience this in my department, HR was wonderful at hearing my concerns and helping me move forward into a different position. They understood the importance of confidentiality and were extremely professional.

The experience I had was because of my direct report-to.
Lady NYC User 2 Associate Director Marketing

Lady anon1160 Data Operations Manager, Enginerring

I have worked for the company 12 years, started from the ground up. I have been very fortunate to work for a brilliant boss who mentored and helped me to achieve the person I am today. What advice I can give you is build strong relationships with the senior management (which is predominantly older and male). This can be difficult for women but it will help you with your career advancement.

Georgia Girl

This place has so many opportunities for growth. They are great at using your talents and giving you a career not just a job. A foot in the door has better long term value... Just try to get in somewhere and demonstrate your talent.

Lady anon1124 Vp, Sales

Its a company fighting a declining consumer trend so not sure the mission - even with talented people there - is winnable.

Women Review Time Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Time Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 13 reviews Company Website anon2641 Kindnesscounts anon1740 anon1723 Momodance Madam Dream Job Lady NYC User 2 Lady anon1160 Georgia Girl Lady anon1124