Time Inc. http://www.timeinc.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Time Inc.?
hithere

It depends on which brand/department you work in what kind of experience you'll have. I've been lucky to join a team that had a very family feel to it. I have a boss who is also a mentor so she's guided me to growth. As far as the work, the business is stretched across the board people are often wearing multiple hats and have too much on their plate however for a person who's focused, able to prioritize and enjoys a challenge, this can be a good place to grow.

• 5

There are lots of changes happening at the company right now and people are working long hours

• 5

Lots of changes happening, long hour days
anon2983 Human Resources

Time Inc. has a Women @ Time Inc. program to help provide a safe space for women at work & to help elevate them in their careers. They offer programming led by inspirational women.

• 5

Managers at Time Inc. respect that folks need balance - and that as long as the job is done the hours worked doesn't necessarily work.
anon2987 Associate Director, Marketing

Ask for the flexibility you need, sometimes the conversation just needs to be had.

I believe it is now 14 weeks paid

Definitely depends on manager
Improve company environment
Lady saltygirl

If you're a mother, this is a tough place to work. Upper management is mostly all white male and less understanding about needing flex time for family. Women are expected to work long & hard - something that would be much easier if they were more lenient on working remotely when needed. Also, there is a TON of change going on and hasn't had a reputation for being stable - so avoid if you're looking for stability. Lastly, there is a new sales and edit structure - but the inner-workings haven't been adjusted yet so getting anything accomplished in a timely, strategic manner for clients has been absolutely painful.

ginger

The company is in a major flux right now and corporate doesn't tell you much. Wish there was more transparency. Also, they're cutting staff all over the company and expecting the existing small teams to pick up the extra work which means long hours and way too much on your plate.

Things can work out, but the flexibility within the company is a little off right now. Definitely not somewhere I'd recommend if you're going to need time off in the near future.

I would recommend going back to TimeInc, but I specifically had a female employer who felt threatened by other women and made life hard for people all around her.
Kindnesscounts Director, Hum

We have women in leadership positions but not enough. They are looking for a bit of a cookie cutter type of person. Not enough room for cultural differences

Opportunities for promotion

Be assertive and advocate for yourself. There is limited room for growth if you're planning on being in publishing your entire career.

HR is your friend; they are a fabulous resource and will listen to concerns and help with internal mobility.

Women Review Time Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Time Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.8 stars, based on 20 reviews Company Website hithere anon2984 anon2983 anon2987 Lady saltygirl ginger anon2641 Kindnesscounts anon1740 anon1723