Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Tipperary's Pub to join us.

Honeywell International Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.9

Through my career, I have received many promotion opportunities and the company helped provide flexibility when my son was young.

If I need time for my family, I can generally work it out. However, in a high level position, the job demands do mean a large commitment to career time.

Sky Corporate Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have found men and women to be treated equally.

Safe Routes to School National Partnership Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great working environment and decent policies given the size of the organization, but there is room for improvement with maternity leave.

Trunk Club Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Do not work there if you have any self respect

They are a new company but they change their company policies TOO MUCH and their commission structure because they are so new but they are not consistent and there is a nonstop revolving door

United Way of Metropolitan Dallas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

Be very protective of your time because you will not be rewarded for going above and beyond. But, you will be rewarded for political movements that are beneficial to the executive suite. Also, be very aware that the women in leadership are not going to be career mentors or help you develop as a professional. Highly competitive executive leadership. Backbiting and "doing what it takes to get ahead" is key. Queen Bee mentality and the worst behavior stems from female executive leadership. Terrible example for young or impressionable employees both female and male. Compensation however is excellent. If you can stand the environment. Average employment tenure is 18 months. Constant turnover across the entire organization. As a result donors do not trust organization which becomes challenging for staff. 15 years in the Development field and several in the consulting environment. Have never seen any behavior like this from clients or previous employers.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Was laid off at 5.5 months pregnant

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

I have been very lucky in my career at MSKCC and I feel very fulfilled, challenged and respected on a daily basis. Due to the strong relationships I have formed with the faculty members I have worked for, I have already been promoted twice over my 4 year career. This being said, I am acutely aware of some of the observable favoritism. From my perspective, some questionable promotions are handed out to bewilderingly inefficient employees while other stand-outs remain in the same position year after year. However, I think the potential for an outstanding career at MSKCC is very possible, however contingent it may be upon who an employee’s manager happens to be, which I do not personally feel is reflective of one’s talent. This being said, the doctors/faculty will go to bat for you, if you prove yourself to be an asset to the institution. To me, that negates any sort of low-level catty dynamics, which are likely to be present in some way within most work contexts. In terms of flexibility, I think MSKCC is outstanding. They have been extremely flexible with my part-time school schedule, allowing me to flex my hours. A former coworker of mine was a single mother and they also allowed a great deal of understanding and flex-time for her to meet her familial obligations. I also think, based on my personal comparisons to my friends, that the health benefits provided by MSKCC are the top of the top.

CrossChx Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

CrossChx really does believe in the mission. The energy is young, energetic, and exciting. I feel passionate about the work I do, and I love the fast pace in the office. Plus it's a pretty sweet officespace! The issues are underlying and definitely not intended to make women feel inferior, but I notice that there are significantly more men here as we are a software company with predominantly software engineers and sales reps, which may not be a field that a lot of women choose to work in. Our pay may be slightly lower. I correct the men at work when they say something unintentionally offensive, but that is also a structural society issue at large in the US. Overall my benefits and salary are great compared to my previous positions, and the leave policy is flexible which may guilt you into not taking time off but get the guts to request it and just do it - it's not frowned upon at all. :) There's a bit of a bro culture sometimes, but the leadership is working to address this. Overall, I really do love working here.

National Portrait Gallery Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The percentage of women working here is much larger than men, it is a friendly, collaborative and flexible working place.

Eastman Chemical Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a mans' world, like any other industrial setting. However, MOST men realize we live in the 21st century, and will respect you as long as you pull your weight. I've had a fantastic experience with the guys on all crews-- my supervisor, on the other hand, has a documented history of discrimination against females. When it became an issue, I went to HR for help. Despite 25 and 30-year veterans, guys on my crew, and even other supervisors being willing to testify to the fact that discrimination had been going on, HR refused to act... They wouldn't even speak with the host of witnesses (my guess to the cause of that is because if they ask and receive confirmation of my story, they HAVE to act, by law.) They claimed that they were initiating an "investigation," and then weighed only his word against mine, despite the proof and witnesses. It all depends on your department-- just don't expect HR to act on your behalf, if you experience a problem.

Institute of International Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most people who work here are women, yet, like many companies, quite a bit of the leadership is men. However, I do feel respected and feel that my opinions are heard and taken into consideration. Maternity benefits are quite good and depend on length of service. After 1 year, you can take 3 weeks fully paid and 9 weeks at 60% pay, and this increases after two years to 6 weeks at 100% and 12 weeks at 60%. IIE keeps contributing to 401k (prorated) and insurance. 401k contribution is 7.5% starting after 1 year of service, and you're fully vested after that year. No need to match. Many people work on a 7 hour day, but telecommuting is not yet the norm and neither are flex schedules, so I am not sure how difficult it is to work here after having kids. Most people do seem to leave by 5 or 5:30, however, and there is no expectation that you stay late.