Tru-Skin Dermatology

www.tru-skin.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Tru-Skin Dermatology to join us.

RGP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

As consultant jobs projects are based on mostly accounting or IT limited in supply chain and operations

When we get projects things are fair but work is not consistent

Get more consistent projects, I’ve been waiting for a project for 6 months since my last one ended

Beyond 20/20 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

he process I went through was an interview, then 2 scheduled days to observe for 2 hours, then a 1 month trial. The trial was 2 days a week for 9 hours so 18 hours a week. Everything was going well. I was staying passed the 2 hours and coming in early for observation. I was conversing/ helping with the staff and patients as if I were a part of the team and they showed appreciation to that. I made then made it to the 1 month trial. I bought my scrubs and began training (I was training for front desk AND as a Visual Therapist Assistant). The first two weeks I was really just observing and when there were no patients, I was independently studying. There were books and videos. I took notes and tested myself and did pretty well fairly quickly. Keep in mind, I was advised not to study at home, not to bring home reading materials, and even though they made me study the given material at work, I wasn’t allowed to do it like the materials taught me, they did things different. Very confusing, right? But I did it and even began to assist with patients that last day of that last week. Then week 3 came. I walked into the office and was immediately blamed for tools being left out and I didn’t do it. Of course because I was knew, I immediately was to blame. I voiced it was not me but I wouldn’t let it happen again. That was the first weird incident. I then noticed that I was being snapped at often and there was A LOT of nit-picking going on. At first I ignored it because they told me that the owner is very particular about things but once I began getting snapped at for stuff they told me I was allowed to do, I began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to keep a positive attitude and do what I was told because as they kept reminding me, I was not officially hired and a part of the staff (or their clique from what it seemed). That’s fine, I knew it was a test run. The second day of the 3rd week was bad too. They began to whisper a lot and go into rooms to do such while I tried to keep busy and be hands on. It was awkward. I didn’t take it personal until the 5th or 6th time. Then more nit-picking, more blaming, more discrediting me in front of patients and parents. I felt like a fool and I knew I was doing well so what was the problem?? They had this little agreement to park and walk out together in the parking lot after closing because we’re all women and it’s dark. Once I was told to leave ahead of everyone and walk alone, I knew something was wrong. I came back in for the 4th week with a smile on my face. I told myself to just keep doing what I was doing and be the best I can (because that was the advice that was given to me in the beginning by one of the workers who had say in my hiring). After the 2nd hour, I asked to speak to the Doctor about my progress and what I am doing right, and what can I do to be better. She then proceeded to tell me I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t taking initiative by grabbing the files and immediately working the patients. I was shocked. I was specifically told to ask before I do anything because they’re “Very particular” about what they do there and because I “wasn’t officially hired” yet. No feedback, no tips for improvement in the process, nothing. I literally walked in one day and everything was different. I wasn’t given a fair chance. She told me they don’t like to “push” people to do things, yet when I did try to take initiative, I was told I wasn’t allowed to do this or not allowed to do that. It was a set-up to fail. I was TRAINING to become the Visual Therapist ASSISTANT, NOT the VT and NOT the DR. I did very well despite the short time frame and unrealistic demands. Do I think that’s the real reason I wasn’t hired? I'm not sure. Makes no sense, I did very well, the children liked me, I have a great background and until week 3, they liked me too. They made me feel discouraged, spoke to me like I was dumb and did a TON of whispering. They weren’t helping me get the job, they were putting me down and reminding me I wasn’t a part of the team. I felt like I was trying out to be the cool kid of a high school. It was so stupid and a complete waste of time. I could go on for hours about the nonsense that went on there. I responded in a professional manner and left. No wonder they’ve been looking for someone to fill the position for so long. They don’t know how to train people. It’s a waste of time. You’ll be damned if you do, damned if you don’t trying to please everyone there. I believe they're good people but for your sake, Keep looking.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

You need to tell people that you're training how they're doing and how to improve. If you don't, you will always have a high turn-over rate and you will always be looking to hire someone. You can't hire people with no experience and expect them to do your job as a doctor within 2 weeks. Have a weekly meeting. Tell them what they're doing right and what needs improvement so they succeed. Also, stop continuously reminding them that they aren't officially hired. It is discouraging, unprofessional and tacky. And don't discredit them or blame them for things while patients are there. At the end of the day this just makes the company look bad with a different set of people working there each month, etc. Cut people some slack, give them the FULL 1 MONTH as spoken of, train them on what is done in the facility, not on what most Doctor's expect via text book then switch it up on them.

Cumberland Heights Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You will not receive good compensation, they pay nothing for maternity leave, and it is hard to have a balance between work and life.

Spencer Stuart Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

The commitment of leadership to ensuring a diverse environment is strong and noticeable

Mixer Design Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Mixer is an incredible place!!! I highly recommend working here

Veterans United Home Loans Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great employer, but they require a lot of face time and have the same problems as most employers in terms of hiring women, paying women the same as men, and recognizing key women for promotions.

Not for Pay, Hiring

Any core Loan Process departments (Production, Processing, Closing, Underwriting) have much more rigidity than departments outside of the Loan Process (Technology, Marketing, etc.)

U.S. Sentencing Commission Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

No flex time, very strict in/out policy, follows federal govt policies for annual leave and vacation - meager bonus structure

SirsiDynix Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Shortly after I was hired I was warned by a former employee that my department is VERY unfriendly to working mothers. As time has gone on, I've seen what this employee was talking about. There are very few women in leadership positions. The "family friendly" policies seem to primarily apply to working dads with lesser demands. I've often heard leadership complain about the company's lack of diversity but have seen no effort to make the workplace more female-friendly.

Fireline, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for two years. The management is very good and focused. It is a Union plant dominated by several alpha males. Things can get rough on production floor but management supports the middle manager like me through any conflicts. Does not tolerate shop talk that is obscene.

First Trust Portfolios Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

There were many women at the company, but predominantly in support roles. I had no mentorship from senior women because I was the only female in an investment role. However, I was quite pleased with the family-centered culture of the firm, the commitment to integrity by leadership, and the nurturing support I received from my direct managers.