Trulia

trulia.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Trulia to join us.

DSoar Hair Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Dsoarhair company offers a super good work environment and has friendly work atmosphere. It mainly sells human hair weave, human hair lace closure and hair extensions to American black women. The human hair weave comes Brazil, Malaysia and India, Peru and so on.

I worked Dsoarhair company for one year. It mainly sells human hair weave, human hair lace closure and hair extensions to American black women. The company is very friendly and kind. I have a happy work every day.

Kantar Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's progressive compared to the norm, but I believe they can do more in terms of compensation and hiring more female senior managers.

11.5 paid / 2 unpaid

Obviously I wish it were longer, but they add in an extra two weeks of "parental leave" on top of the disability leave. That helped.

US Postal Service Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a very physical job if you are working in the field, in management it's very stressful in that you can never win. It's not a job that envokes positive energy

make it a more positive environment instead of only pointing out the negatives. This becomes very stressful and not productive

Brooklyn Bicycle Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would recommend she not work here. During the 2016 election, the white, educated, affluent CEO eventually came out with, "I'm not saying a woman CAN'T be president, but..." So I said, "But what?" And he was like, "Nothing." And I said, "So you ARE saying a woman can't be president." And he asked that we discontinue the conversation because he felt I was being too aggressive.

The CEO of this company likes to talk about being generous and respecting everyone's home life, but as soon as you want to use that time doing anything he doesn't agree with, he will take issue with you. For example, I began a health improvement plan that necessitated I eat fresher foods for lunch and not eat at my desk, so I began taking lunch breaks (which I'd never done before and is NOT the culture of the company). I ALWAYS made up that time by staying later than 5, but the CEO still gave me grief and said, "You need to be mindful of your behavior." But then if you said, "Oh, would it be ok if I ran to the post-office?" he'd say, "This isn't elementary school. We're all adults here. Please don't ask me about things like this. Just do what you need to do." You can see the problem.

I have no idea what the maternity leave policy is or even if there is one.

The CEO of this start-up treats women differently than men in the work environment--talking over women; dismissing their ideas, but lauding those exact same ideas when coming from a male employee; minimizing their work ("well, your job is JUST xyz, so your contribution isn't THAT big"); and constantly making them defend their work. I left because I was so traumatized by the insidious misogyny, and unless ALL of that changes, I wouldn't recommend this company to any other women.

Tricarico Architecture And Design Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The culture can be cliquish and jokes are often had at the employee's expense in meetings. HR issues are often not raised as HR is also upper management and demonstrates a frequent bias. Negotiate the highest pay you can on your interview, they underpay women. That being said the employees are great and there is sometimes even socialization outside of work.

When push comes to shove they often refuse to allow flexible hours. If they allow it, be prepared for frequent backlash and complaints about your actually utilizing it.

Code42 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Things are ok in general. I have not noticed any overt sexism, but there are subtle comments, a very male-centric culture, and not a lot of diversity in general in the company. I haven't seen any concrete plans, initiatives, or training to improve things, which is disappointing.

Improve professional development and career growth opportunities.

The National Campaign Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Small company (~35 employees) that is made up of predominantly women. Employees are well-compensated for a non-profit, are offered good benefits (health and dental insurance, maternity leave, flex hours, summer hours, etc.), and have the chance to work on a great mission.

6 weeks of paid leave (through maternity leave and short-term disability leave). Following that, able to use vacation hours for another few weeks of leave, and was able to work part-time for another few weeks before coming back to work full time.

Long Island Pulse Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

n/a

Child Enrichment Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for one year. When I started, I was told I should be able to be salaried in three months. When I was eligible, I was told that the schedule changes too much in summer and to wait till fall. In the Fall, I lost a client and went below the required hours. I just recently acquired full time hours again and have now been told I have to keep it for 3 months before qualifying for salary pay and benefits. I have just hit my one year mark, and will no longer have to pay training fees back. I will be looking for a new job. Still no benefits after working at a company for a year is ridiculous.

Advanced Micro Devices Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are very few women in the engineering ranks at AMD. Although we have a woman CEO, there are no women VPs and very few women directors in any technical/engineering role.