Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Trulia to join us.

Corvirtus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Corvirtus is a female-founded company that defines success as being "a remarkable place to work." We intensely focuses on contribution, de-emphasizes rank, and show a high regard for the dignity and individuality of each Teammate.

Corvirtus cares for the individual needs of each Teammate.

Lee Hecht Harrison Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It has very flexible hours, but expects a lot of work in those hours. Unfortunately, I know a male that had less responsibility was earning more.

very flexible with hours but workload is very high.

Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

President/CEO And many VPs are women. Majority of employees are women.

Tech departments are the most flexible by far.

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

Advocate for yourself. Make your needs known from the start, and maintain these throughout your employment.

I think there is a stigma around flexible work schedules, especially for women. I don't think you should feel lucky for flexibility, I think it should be given.

My maternity leave was 6 weeks paid via short-term disability (FMLA) and then I took an additional 6 weeks paid vacation time.

Gift Card Impressions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

They have high expectations, but aren't willing to pay you what you're worth.

Alliance Audio Visual Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You are given the chance to prove yourself but their initial assumptions are biased.

No leave only than 2 weeks sick time.

El Centro College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

After four years, I have yet to meet a barrier. Maybe it is the fact it is diverse campus in general but I have never felt looked down upon or treated differently than anyone of any gender or ethnicity. It is an incredibly inclusive environment.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Loyola University Health System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity leave is very basic. 8 weeks pay but with two weeks being your pto. I was allowed to add up to 4 weeks after i hit my 12 week max.

The American Institute of Architects Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

do not go to work there. males get the job because some recomendation from friends of the innovation director, they get all the opportunities, even when they are mediocre at most. fridays they go all together for bears, and more than once I had to put up with sexiest comments, even discussions abount if women should get a complete wax job, in every part of their bodies... openly talking about womens "body parts", etc. Awful.