"It is a frustrating industry to be in as a whole, pay is different across gender, promotions are difficult to get, and maternity leave is not a great program."
"not sure"
One thing U.S. Bank can improve?
"Multiple things: Improve flex time work (allowing work from home), improve compensation (I can get the same job at a competing bank and get paid much more), Improving parental benefits, currently 12 weeks unpaid. "
"Depending on the department, there is flexibility. The current department I am in is much more flexible than the original one I was employed by."
"I have not taken it yet, however, I plan to in the near future and was very disappointed to learn what the maternity leave entails."
Would you recommend U.S. Bank to other women?
"Depending on the department. Certain departments are better/more fair than others."
"The Bank's policies are pretty standard for the instustry (i.e. not bad), but the compensation between men and women is not equal. "
One thing U.S. Bank can improve?
, Analytics
Would you recommend U.S. Bank to other women?
"U.S. Bank is a fine place to work, and the culture is very much in line with the rest of the industry, but men and women aren't compensated the same for doing the same job. "
"Depends what department you start in for how you get treated. I was passed up numerous times for promotion to less qualified individuals who put in much less time. They are very political and will mostly just pick people that have been doing sub par work but kissing management butt. In other departments I know this is not the case so once you start in my area it is very hard to get out of it cause you are looked down upon for working in my department."
Would you recommend U.S. Bank to other women?
"Lots of males in upper management and all head officers are male, but it's a process and takes time. Our CEO is great and in the management levels there are a lot of young women moving up...and quickly too."
"Na"
Branch manager, N/A
Would you recommend U.S. Bank to other women?
"Once you work for the company for five years you receive up to two weeks of maternity leave prior to your delivery date and then eight weeks after your delivery with 100% of your pay, prior to your five year mark you receive the same paid time off but you only receive 80% of your pay. You are eligible to take UP TO 12 weeks (including your paid time off) with FMLA. Many women in high positions and given opportunities to advance but I feel that there is a little bias in the pay scales for individuals that have been with the company for several years, especially as a woman."
Branch Manager, N/A