Anonymous - 11206 Driver, Customer Service

Yes and I have

Stop insinuating that when women drivers pick up drunk creepy men that make sexual remarks, grope or worse that the women must have somehow started it!
Cherry Product Manager

I've enjoyed working here so far. The atmosphere is definitely intense, it's a fast paced tech company. There is the typical gender split that leaves me mostly working with males in engineering, and females in marketing. As with most tech companies in the Silicon Valley, everyone is gender progressive, but subconscious bias prevails and you'll end up being more successful adopting typically make traits.

(Clarification- I work at corporate, not as a driver) Depends on the women. It's an intense tech atmosphere- I'm used to it but others might not be. There isn't explicit gender discrimination in my experience. But for example the male version of confidence might be rewarded more.
Singsong

To be successful you must be aggressive and outspoken as a woman

They have an amazing maternity leave policy 17 weeks + 20 days

Hire managers with more experience
555 Girl Finance

Upper level management seems to be all men from what I can tell.

Lady Sparklemuffin

If you decide to drive for this company, keep in mind that income taxes are not withheld AND you are not contributing to your social security account. Additionally, because drivers are "independent contractors," there is no overtime and absolutely no benefits whatsoever--forget maternity and any sort of family leave. I have been doing this while I'm in grad school, but it has NOT been worth it. Clearly, it is beneficial for the COMPANY and not the PEOPLE to "hire" people under "independent contractor" status rather than as employees. Two thumbs down.

Lady anon295 Driver

You choose your hours and have the option to cancel rides if you feel uncomfortable or like someone is disrespecting you or your car. I've been driving for Uber for over a year (over 2K rides) and have never had to cancel a ride, except for when i've arrived to the destination and the passenger is nowhere to be found, nor are they answering their phone. It's the easiest money I've ever made. You meet a bunch of people, have great conversation, and get paid for driving your own vehicle on your own time.

Madam driver Driver

I would say it depends on where you live if you should drive alone.

Lady Lei Partner

It's good for part-time supplementary pay but not a good choice for full time work.

Lady anon130 Driver, Partner

With Uber, you get back what you put in.

Women Review Uber for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Uber by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 13 reviews Company Website Cherry Singsong 555 Girl Lady Sparklemuffin Lady anon295 Madam driver Lady Lei Lady anon130