Zinbit

UBS Equities is highly political where friendships are a matter of political convenience, rather than relationshps based on loyalty. Men openly debate female colleague's sexual appeal and place bets on "hookups." There is also a clear gender gap at UBS for pay. There are two redeeming qualities. First, UBS allows flexible, part-time schedules for working mothers. Second, UBS knows they have a women problem and are trying hard to promote women in leadership positions.

If you want to work in sell side finance, there aren't many choices. Plus, UBS might be a good choice for working moms who want a flexible, part time work schedule.
wndrs Associate Director, Finance

In investment banking, in senior positions, still mainly male, but changing.

Anonymous - 10945 Finance

Ensure your direct manager is ok with whatever arrangement you need

There is a push to hire more women however the office has more men than women (trading floor)
Anonymous - 10877 Associate Director

Amazing family friendly culture and great parental leave policies! Everyone in my group is very supportive, flexible and caring. The only downside is that there is a tendency, in my opinion, to push women towards more traditionally female roles within the firm regardless of background or competencies.

Anonymous - 9964 Director, Compliance

I've experienced first hand the flexibility of working as a mom. The company accommodates me with a flex work schedule and has a fairly generous maternity leave policy (16 weeks fully paid).

bestmom2

Great place work for moms and women in general. I think they make a genuine effort to make women feel safe and appreciated.

Minionmama Director

There is an amazing group of women who work at this firm which creates a great environment

anon1533 Administrative Assistant

it was okay to work there but i would not do it again

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews
Lady knr123 Intern, Wealth Management

While I was just an intern, I think UBS Wealth Management is a great place for women who want to tone down their working hours. An MD I spoke with during my summer there transferred to UBS for more work life balance because the business model of UBS Wealth Management Americas is much less stressful for those who work in the corporate headquarters.

Lady fgthgdtg Associate director- product management, Home office - WMA

Senior management is watching and keeping tabs on your work and hours. They form quick impossible to change opinions. Plan to invest 12 hour work days for the first 6 months to a year, then you can relax a bit.

Women Review UBS for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of UBS by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.6 stars, based on 14 reviews Company Website Zinbit wndrs bestmom2 Minionmama anon1533 Lady knr123 Lady fgthgdtg