username123 Associate Brand Manager

if you want to stay at a place for a long time with the same title and pay unilever is for you.

People need to be promoted faster and paid more.
123abc

Flexible work arrangement but limited career opportunities. Very difficult to move up.

anonymousreviewer Brand Manager, Marketing

It's an amazing place for women to work - the maternity leave is fantastic and the culture is very supportive and flexible for families.

They recently have moved to a more agile work environment that encourages working remotely.

Lady wheresmanyhats

In their own words they have a women problem. There are more women than men at the entry level but those percentages shift dramatically with every level. While the environment is intellectually stimulating and people are very pleasant, it is extremely difficult to get promoted and will likely take an overseas secondment to make it happen. Around 2011 they started a program to specifically encourage and develop female talent. It was excellent and really encouraged me to take charge of my career (and look elsewhere for my next).

Lady Royalblueocean

Supportive environment

Lady Original Logistics

Already stated my opinion on this topic under the earlier question. While my input is based on my experience in a single department, for less than a year, I found that lower level employees were mainly young, just out of college and HAD TO work long hours (in the office and then from home) under great pressure. Taking time off had consequences not only for the individual employee, but for a whole group whose members had to cover for each other - meaning, if one was out for a day, the backup person had to COMPLETE the job functions of two people what, in some cases, was impossible. This created great stress and low moral in the department. Also, found very little effective communication between groups/departments in spite of hundreds of unnecessary e-mails each day. This signals a defensive, company-wide "just in case, just covering my basis" mentality. Very frustrating and time consuming, non value-adding activity.

It depends. OK for people who do not "rock the boat" and are satisfied with management mandated, even if unefficient and non-productive, processes. Not for professionals, in non-management role, who wish to contribute and suggest new ideas or be part of management decision making. Somewhat of a "factory line mentality", where internal, deparment performance metrics are more important than the well being of customers and employees.
Lady Anon444

There are a lot of women in the more junior roles, but fewer as you get to the top of the organization. The maternity leave policies in the US are better than what's legally required, but by no means generous - surprising for a company that is supposedly to progressive with regard to the advancement of women. It's a lot of talk about doing the right thing, but not as much action.

Yes, if you are just starting out
Madam Saladfingers

Male dominated leadership. Not the friendliest atmosphere. I got a warning for having too many doctors appointments when i wad pregnant. Left the company before giving birth

do your research. supposedly they upped maternity leave to 10 weeks paid but am not sure. lots of politics, lazy people seem to get ahead more
Lady Phansea Quality

Company does not think family should come first. You should be able to rearrange your life at a drop of a hat to work more hours. Lots of over time and working short staffed.

Women Review Unilever for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Unilever by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 20 reviews Company Website username123 123abc anonymousreviewer anon1270 Lady wheresmanyhats Lady Royalblueocean Lady Original Lady Anon444 Madam Saladfingers Lady Phansea