Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at United Colors of Benetton to join us.

SteamRoll East Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

SteamRoll East is always looking for ways to provide their employees with as much flexibility and personal growth as possible.

They have more women employees and provide great work life balance

WorldStrides Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

The maternity leave is almost non-existent, health care is lacking, and the culture in the office is catty and isolating. You will not feel empowered by management or confident in other resources or departments to complete your job.

When I first moved they were very flexible about taking time to situate my son and small family into our new home and community. I earn the one income we live on and my partner stays home with our son. We are not married and chose not to be married, but he is not eligible for insurance. That is frustrating and caused strain and as I have stayed with the company the flexibility has been waning. PTO is not great and expected to be available outside of work frequently. The expectations of hours are inconsistent.

For the first 1-3 years you get 3 weeks paid maternity leave with 100% pay and after three years you get a total of 6 weeks with 100% pay. You qualify for FMLA after being here for a year.

Maternity is appalling, benefits are expensive and low quality. Upper management has a very hands off, low accountability. The company does not have open communication through all of the branches and it causes a lot of confusion and stress. Feels like employees have to fight each other on top of external competition. Resources are poor to effectively sell tour products.

Banner Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

Trust no one because the competition at the c-suite level is fierce

Policy driven in regard to emplyee’s rights. No heart

Re-focus on a team oriented culture and lead by example. Favoritism and disregard for employee satisfaction are hurting the company morale within the workforce

Sprout Social Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

I could share with you the teams that I feel are truly flexible and 'fair' and those that are maybe less conducive to women as leaders, etc. Although we promote work-life balance and have great programs in place, the flexibility is very different per team, mgmt's expectations are different with their views/wants on each team and in general the company expects quite a bit of productivity out of their people which can lead to much stress/longer hours

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

I am not a parent. this does not pertain to me

This is more of a personal thing - I have not been truly promoted in 4 years. I took on 3 direct reports, but had to ask for a raise after 2 mths and I did not get a title change. I was also hired over recently for a role that I think should have been re-worked and they should have potentially considered me for.

Farmers Insurance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

Great place to work if you’re a working parent. At least it is in the areas I manage.

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Homecare Homebase Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If your a woman of color, please make sure you can code switch very well. Never feel you can be yourself fully as you will be dinged and have many mental games played with you by upper management to break you. If your white then be someone who is trendy and cute and you will go far.

LiveOnNY Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is not an environment where women really help other women. I actually think it's somewhat competitive and some of the women are downright nasty. Unfortunately, that includes the VP of HR and the CEO.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

They can be flexible and my boss talks a good game but when you need too much flexibility, it's suddenly about "getting you face time".

Illinois Technology Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Currently, the team is all women (except our CEO) and they are an amazing group of women...not catty, supportive, collaborative. There are only 10 of us total so how we work together is very important. Work/life balance is important at the senior level - personal/vacation time is respected and encouraged.

The New School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8