United Engineers Limited

www.uel.com.sg/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at United Engineers Limited to join us.

KSJ & Associates, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Old-fashioned man-centric somewhat Trump supporting environment. Everyone is a republican and they value military experience more than work experience

Digital Science & Research Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Lots of young white men at this company - the work force is about 2/3 male. Work is needed to bring women into not only leadership roles, but into male dominated portfolio companies and departments. Very obvious split with women in most sales/client facing roles, and men in the technical roles.

Many remote workers, and a culture of flexibility.

New maternity leave policy - in the US, not covered by FMLA, but up to 13 weeks off, up to 80% salary w/STD, and one week of PTO. Must elect and pay for COBRA, but the company will reimburse. Two weeks for paternity. No specific mention of adoption leave. I believe that the company would be open to improving these policies, it's just there are so few women in leadership that nobody realizes what a serious issue it is, especially in comparison to the kinds of leave other tech companies offer.

Vino Volo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not a work day goes by where I am not thankful for my time with this company, and, for a multitude of reasons-- from wine education and experience in this type of setting, to the lifelong connections made with both coworkers and travelers/customers, alike. As with so much, attitude is key, and if yours is one of openness to the situation, there's much to be gained. If you are looking for a career in wine, though, this one will, likely, just be a temporary stop on your journey, as it's more about waiting tables than anything else. If you are more on the novice side of the sliding scale, with all-things-wine, use the opportunity to absorb what you encounter with the wines you carry. What I gleaned during my time here, even as a pretty knowledgable wine person, has proven invaluable, thanks to tremendous leaders at my location. I am grateful for my experience here, though I'm also thankful I moved on.

It all depends on the location of the store, and the manager at each, really. There was not a consistency across the board. Again, this may very well be changing as the company has been bought out, recently.

Have consistent, easy to understand guidelines/rules; create an environment in every store that doesn't allow for one bad apple to spoil the entire bunch; and knock off the lengthy testing, which isn't consistent nor necessary. There's a lot of unnecessary aspects to training (and continuing to train by retaking the tests over and over and over again, each time someone new in corporate wants to revamp them), which could be streamlined so much better. Plus, requiring homework and tests without compensation is illegal....

EXL Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It really depends on the client you will work with.

MARC USA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Strong support of women in leadership and a stronf culture of mentoring women

Maternity leave policy has improved since I had my kids

Columbus State Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Most of the vice president positions are held by women. Women in higher education, I have found, are different breed than other women in the workplace. I am not on the academic side of college. The college is very policy-driven. Although, there are many women in upper management, the atmosphere is very much a 'good old boys club.'

Hire appropriate amount of people per Department. Many departments, such as mine, are understaffed and overworked. Not fair and equitable in comparison with other departments in the college.

Knowles Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Nothing is on paper. There's no parental leave, nor sexual harassment policy, no promoting structure, no mentoring programs, etc. That said, there are a lot of things that are done informally and through your manager. The people are very nice and respectful of work life balance, so that informality works out well if you're under a good manager.

There's no maternity leave on paper. Halfway through my leave, as I was talking to my manager about when I was coming back, I was told that they would pay for 12 weeks of maternity leave.

Entergy Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company offers every other Friday off for most employees. Also, most employees, including those with families, manage to work normal hours. The company has a number of roles, so as long as you give your best, there is a lot of opportunity to move around. Most employees are long-tenured, with 10+ years with the company. Because people have built careers here for many decades, promotion tends to happen more slowly. The pace is more of a marathon than a sprint. On the flip side, this also means that employees are not expected to burn themselves out in an effort to move up, but to work at a sustainable pace. Managers have a lot of discretion with promotions, bonuses, and work flexibility, so it's important to develop a good relationship with your manager from the beginning and make him or her your biggest advocate.

Maternity leave falls under short-term disability (STD) pay, which runs concurrently with FMLA. STD for childbirth is limited to 6-8 weeks, depending on the method of birth. You can use vacation and sick time to fill in the pay for the unpaid portion of FMLA.

Seed Savers Exchange Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for 4 years and moved between roles - all of the moves lateral in terms of autonomy although they involved increased responsibility and higher pay grades. A male coworker hired at the same time went from a similar pay/status level in the organization to running an entire department in 2 years after his female manager left. In my time there the management team went from having about a 50/50 ratio of men and women to just 2 women and 7 men, despite the employee base leaning much more heavily towards women. When women tended to leave jobs, men were promoted into their roles from within. However, when men left management positions, other men were hired from outside the organization to fill the roles. Rather than train female employees in tractor driving, they often looked to hire new male employees. Male field crew workers make comments about a woman's ability to work and managers are sometimes dismissive of complaints about "joking behavior." In my time there I knew of only one female employee who took maternity leave and returned from it - others simply quit their jobs when they got pregnant or went on leave.

Bluecore Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here briefly and in the time I worked there, I saw a women who was 81/2 months pregnant be fired. The company wanted to go the cheapest route in everything they did to support their employees (except build an amazing office space) and it was evident in discussions regarding maternity leave. Her performance was constantly discussed behind closed doors and they even asked her what she would want her role to be upon returning from having her baby, as if they were assuming her current role would no longer be available.