UnitedHealth Group www.unitedhealthgroup.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about UnitedHealth Group?
Stiletto

Benefits are not great, there are pockets where men fair better, but there is challenging interesting work and opportunities to make it as a working mom.

As a heath are company they have a long ways to go in understanding the health and wellbeing of women.
cagirl2016

All experiences are based on the boss you have and dept you are in. Decisions are made usually between boss and 2-3 above them. Many female leaders (directors and above) do not have children but seem to be flexible from others I have heard from.

The standard for most at the company is 12 weeks per FMLA. Some bosses approve flex schedules upon return from maternity leave which is very helpful. Again depends on your boss.
ptangel Senior Accountant, Accounting

Your experience may depend entirely on which part of the organization you work for- some are far more flexible than others.

Disability benefits: 6 weeks at 2/3 salary for full time employees.

na

Lady 3Birds Data Analyst, Billing and Eligibility

It's a good place to work, but some departments are better than others, and of course some bosses are more understanding than others. The higher your job level and number of years you're been here, the more flexibility. Some departments are completely awful, such as call center. There are many women supervisors, but I've heard from others that sometimes the male supervisors are more flexible.

Lady Optum Marketing, Optum

The work is rewarding, but men who have families move up faster because they are naturally seen as the breadwinners. I am a female breadwinner but am not taken seriously in that role at work. That being said, the schedule is flexible if your manager also has kids. If not, good luck! Lots of women directors and managers but fewer in top roles. Work is piled on; raises are not. Lots of change - 14 managers after 10 years. Rewarding work to help people live healthy and fix the health care system and chances to grow as a professional IF you seek them out. But it all really depends on your direct manager and the 2-3 people above them.

Flexible schedule but no raises
Lady anon1036 Training Manager, Learning Solutions

I've worked at UnitedHealthcare for almost 8 years, and the majority of staff is female. We have a great culture that focuses on Integrity, Compassion, Relationship, Innovation and Performance, which suits everyone who works there. The benefits are generous, and management goes out of their way to make the employee feel valued. I just love the place!

Lady trena84 Transactions Supervisor

I've worked here for 7 years and there are a lot of women working here in entry level positions as well as many in management positions. The job is family friendly as it is first shift in my department and employees are able to make their own schedule as long as they are in the office by a set time. My department also offers a flex time, meaning that you can come in an hour earlier or later than your usual start time on any given day. My department also offers make-up time, so if a child gets sick or there are doctor's appointments that have to happen rather than using PTO you have an option to make up some of the time if you can. I am a single mother of four children and have been pregnant twice during my time with the company. I think that it is a great company to work with for those with kids or for anyone period.

Lady FlowerHop Creative Director

If you are just getting started this a great place to learn and develop. It's fast paced and never boring. Lots of opportunities for self-starters. You won't regret working here but you might reach a point where you can go no further. Career development is self-service. Women are the worker bees here and heavily represented at manager and director roles. Leadership structures are heavily weighted with men filling most VP level and almost all C-Level positions. Women who do have these positions are generally in Human Capital, Legal or Social Responsibility roles. Diversity in the corporate headquarters in absent. It exists generally in foreign countries (for race) and in the nursing/customer service roles (for women).

Lady peachykeen7777 Mgr Finance, Optum

There are lots of women working here. Some in leadership but the highest level of leadership is very male dominanted and not diverse, which can make it hard to find a role model if the top of the company is where you want to be.

It depends on their style, women who act like men get labelled bitchy fairly quickly but the bubbly girls that are smart seem to get along ok

Women Review UnitedHealth Group for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of UnitedHealth Group by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.8 stars, based on 16 reviews Company Website Stiletto cagirl2016 ptangel anon1355 Lady 3Birds Lady Optum Lady anon1036 Lady trena84 Lady FlowerHop Lady peachykeen7777