University of Chicago www.uchicago.edu

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about University of Chicago?
chicago16

It fully depends on who your boss is. I have a wonderful supervisor so I have flexible work hours, meaning I have adjusted my hours to arrive and leave early so that I can do daycare pickup/dropoff. Overall policies of the University are not great. There is no paid parental leave policy, no official tele-work schedule or flexiblity, etc.

I qualified for 12 weeks of FMLA but ended up only being able to take 8 weeks because it was unpaid. I used all of my accumulated vacation, personal and sick time to cover 4 weeks of leave so I could be paid 100%. The remaining 4 weeks were paid at 60% because of our short-term disability insurance.
anon1649 Senior Analyst, Development & Alumni Relations

Overall, it is a great place to work. The development industry is heavily composed of women, and the university's development office reflects that. Despite the fact that women make up the majority of the department, there is no maternity leave at all. You can take your sick time and vacation time, and possibly a medical leave, or other leave (which may involve reduced or no pay and no insurance coverage). This is how women in my office get around the zero maternity policy.

Lady ace8477

It's completely dependent on where in the university you're employed.

Women Review University of Chicago for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of University of Chicago by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4.3 stars, based on 3 reviews Company Website chicago16 anon1649 Lady ace8477