Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at University of Maryland, Baltimore to join us.

American Sentinel University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

The University supports and promotes women regularly. Women are given projects to lead and are able to work directly with CEO.

Brookdale Senior Living Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepared to give them your life and get no appreciation in return.

management does not listen to employees suggestions or concerns. They do not promote from within. They are only concerned with the bonuses that you get them. They do not care if you do not have the tools or time to do your work. Management lies and is underhanded. They do not appreciate hard work, knowledge or skill. The only appreciate brown nosing.

Rocket Internet Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Want to learn and grow fast? Join the company. As a woman though, be sure to have either worked at Mckinsey or have a fancy university pedigree. Even if you give the best results, they won't let you grow.

Flexibility depends on your role. I don't have children, but once I reached a senior level I was able to manage my own schedule. Still, this is not a 9 to 5 company. I was always connected via phone / email at nights and weekends. Also, it depends on the venture and role. In my first few years I would easily work from 9 am until 3 am .

Lincoln Center For the Performing Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Establish work-life balance and boundaries from day one. Be kind and supportive to other women in a heavily female-staffed organization.

Nordstrom, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

I worked in Cosmetics as a counter manager and a beauty stylist and got up 8 weeks of 60% paid maternity leave, which was great. Since the environment is commission based, it was difficult to be a breastfeeding/pumping mother when I came back, as time away from the floor was looked down on. Sales floor was very competitive, as jobs are constantly threatened if goals are not met. Rarely were people actually fired though--it is used more as a scare tactic. Gay men were given preference in every area, as the general assumption was that women would purchase more from them.

Honey Baked Hams Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

To go in with a open mind, to create a workplace for women and now that her resume speaks of her qualification for a great position . Never settle. ask many question don't allow bullying on the job .

Lydecker | Diaz Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The firm can offer a lot of flexibility, but overall there is a desire to see people in their offices after 6pm. This doesn't work for people outside of the young/not yet settled down category. The firm does not provide paid maternity leave at all. The doctor appointments, etc required during pregnancy are seen as not keeping up with your hourly requirements. No one has a bad attitude per se, but there is not much experience here dealing with pregnant women.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Baker Newman Noyes Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Generally women are treated fairly. During busy season everyone works really hard, but when work slows down, there is a lot of flexibility. Maternity leave is 2 weeks of waiting period+6 fully paid weeks+2 weeks at 80% of salary+2 weeks at 60% of salary. I will take the full 12 weeks soon and I'll update this comment as appropriate.

Omnicare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been here for three years and there are a fair number of women in upper management. I believe they are treated fairly. This environment seems to be pretty family friendly.