anon2036

UPS is a great company to be a part of and is really focusing on its diversity and inclusion efforts.

jobSeeker2134

some areas are very sexist especially uper management and technology

UPS is a great company to work for. Stable company with good benefits.

Lady anon1235 Full time supervisor, Operations

They do not care about your struggles outside of work. Long hours that are not compensated. Inappropriate delegations while pregnant. Challenging, male dominated, workforce.

If you are a very strong woman with a degree
Lady WantsToRetire

It is still a boys club.

Get experience & get out!
Lady anon1197 Driver

Just walk away

Lady Beentheredonethat

UNFRIENDLY!

Gain experience & go..
Lady anon1082 Driver

If you have a family don't do it. ..very long hours

Lady travelsalot Communications Supervisor

Culture is very intense and conservative. New ideas aren't really welcomed. Emphasis on years worked at UPS, so even into my third year I am still considered "new." And that's a liability. There are so many women who don't have kids (I am one of them) that have been here forever (I have not) and have totally bought into the male-dominated environment. They are workaholics, hate flex-time, don't use their telecommute day, etc. I am currently working for a micro-manager who treats me like this is my first job out of college but I'm almost 10 years into my career. It's common to have your managers dictate emails to you as a way of bringing you into a project. Many people work all night, every night. Raises are not even at the rate of inflation and the review process is a joke. My last manager had rated me as the top performer, but his boss (director) had worked closely with someone else on my team who had worked on a high-profile campaign and he inisted that my colleague (who is a man) get the top performer. The director went to the VP and HR and made my manager change every single rating for his entire team in the system. My manager was a man, but was without a doubt the most female-friendly boss I've ever had. While I'm sure this happens in many large organizations, it's still completely corrupt. Women have judged other women harshly and negatively for using all 12 weeks of their FMLA (of which only 6 are paid as part of Short Term Disability). It's CRAZY. It's very much a top-down environment and contructive dissent is not tolerated at the upper-levels of management, even though it's supposed to be a core value. Negative, fear-driven, lacking innovation, too much ego, old-fashioned/living in the past...stay away.

Lady anon1064 Feeder driver, Transportation

Your not equal

Women Review UPS for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of UPS by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.5 stars, based on 57 reviews Company Website anon2036 jobSeeker2134 Lady anon1235 Lady WantsToRetire Lady anon1197 Lady Beentheredonethat Lady anon1082 Lady travelsalot Lady anon1064