Usability.gov

www.usability.gov/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Usability.gov to join us.

Randstad USA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Randstad is an international organization with a wide range of opportunities available.

I had a lot of flexibility in my unique role but it is more limited in traditional recruiter/ account manager roles.

Spongecell Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity leave could definitely be longer. Younger employees so there aren't that many with kids - mostly management. Flexibility on hours, etc. would be worked out with your manager.

CEO is a butts in seats guy, likes people being in the office. So I'd feel like I generally needed to be in the office though if there was a child related appointment, etc. it was no problem to work from home or arrive late/leave early. Fast paced culture and sales/client services/etc. may need to be available outside normal work schedule but that's why there's some flexibility schedule wise if you work it out with your manager.

First Advantage Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flexible and understanding with appointments. Wonderful group of people. Benefits, health insurance, maternity leave, etc, need improvement.

Maternity leave is in the form of short term disability, required to use 10 days of PTO prior. No paternity leave, comes out of PTO.

HLK Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Great hours/flexible schedule, six-weeks paid maternity leave, and female leadership that includes a female partner/owner! Great place to work and grow as a female leader!

Planned Systems International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Supportive environment for working mothers. Management listens to employees. Great work-life balance.

Fuzz Productions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked with Fuzz for 1 1/2 years, and it's clear that Fuzz values talent over gender, which is refreshing. We are a tech company, and many of our employees are under the age of 30, so there's a very open-mind to social issues. More importantly, we have no vacation policy (meaning take as much as you need), flex time, and work from home privileges. Fuzz very much believes in the concept of treating employees as humans with life outside of work. About 60% of Senior Leadership and Directors are male, and the other 40% female. Because we are such a young company in terms of average employee age, no one has actually needed to take maternity leave. One colleague's wife gave birth, and he took off an afternoon, but I believe firmly that Fuzz would have given him time if he'd requested it off - especially if we could have planned around it.

College of Charleston Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A lot more women work here than men. This is probably because of the demographics of the school (70% women). I went to school and worked on the campus and love every second. I felt I was treated fairly.

Titus-Will Automotive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for 4+ years and while overall I enjoyed it, I wish I had treated both my own career and my financial earning with more respect. The company changed and drastically lowered the comission cap when some salespeople learned that the women on the phone and emailing behind the scenes were making more money than them. I learned so much about myself and about the auto industry from Titus-Will, amd I'm glad I did. I don't think I would do it again though.

Hartford Financial Services Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company touts itself as "most ethical" yet they are far from it. They place hourly level work onto the salaried employees to avoid paying overtime. Then salaried employees end up working 50+ hours per week. No work life balance. Job titles are constantly changing resulting in labor law violations.

RSA Security, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

RSA was a great company, and although it was a male dominated company it was a fun and innovative place to work, and it seemed full of promise. Then EMC acquired them. Imagine a bunch of executives who compare themselves to characters in the movie Goodfellas. They are inappropriate most of the time, and they dare you to take issue with their bad behavior. Their interest in women is limited to the young ones fresh out of college. The ones most likely to party and hit the bars. As for the women who are married, have kids, and/or are older than 40, they can expect their visibility and career to diminish rapidly until they are either laid off or they leave out of frustration. EMC will dazzle you with all their diversity programs and efforts for promoting women in leadership, but the numbers don't lie. Look at their executive pool. Out of 15 business executives only 1 woman, and out of 9 senior executives there is 1 woman. There are no senior female executives at RSA. You can’t promote what you don’t cultivate. EMC and RSA are practiced at investing in and promoting men, and talking a good game when it comes to women. Growth for women over 40 is non-existent. Further life/career balance does not exist, there is no diversity, and they have a very unhealthy corporate culture. This is not an environment for experienced professional women, but if you go to work there it will toughen you up. That’s about the only good thing I can say about it.