Vorwerk & Co. corporate.vorwerk.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Vorwerk & Co.?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Vorwerk & Co. to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Herman Miller

50% would recommend
10/25/16, 11:57 AM

Good old boys run the company and view confident/competent women negatively.

Kohler Company

50%say women are treated fairly
8/27/16, 4:19 PM

I think, like many large companies, culture is dependent upon the department and exective heads of the department. For me, I feel very much respected as a woman and have not felt diminished due to my gender by anyone internally. The recently added flex time policies are great and were very much needed. I do think there is room for improvement with promoting women beyond the director level positions, seems to be very few female VPs and Ps.

Herman Miller

50% would recommend
8/16/16, 10:35 PM

There are programs in place if you know how to work them and have a progressive work team leader. They are better than average but not up to par with the other progressive thought leadership the company touts.

Exemplis

100% might recommend
2/9/16, 6:58 PM

If you're looking for a place with job security, this is not it. That said, I worked with some very nice, very flexible and understanding people. I saw many women take maternity leave and return to their positions. And when I took sick leave, they totally stood by me.

Maybe. There isn't a ton of job security -- that's just the culture ...

Drawer Box Specialties

100% would not recommend
12/10/15, 11:55 PM

Worked here for almost 3 years. Women are not highly regarded in the management arena. True "old boys club" there. There is no maternity leave outside of the state required leave.

Donghia, Inc.

100% would not recommend
11/23/15, 10:59 PM

Sales reps do not get paid commission while on maternity lease. This policy is quite unfair, considering that sales reps can work on projects for years before the sale comes through.

lifetime brands

10/13/15, 2:02 AM

n/a

humanscale

100% might recommend
9/1/15, 3:13 PM

There are not a lot of official policies that support women and especially women with families. Maternity Leave is only what is mandated by the law (FMLA) and the paid portion is only if you have the short-term disability. However if you know your worth and are willing to state your preferences - as opposed to asking for permission - you'll end up with a work/life balance to suit your needs. As a sales organization, it's all about performance - and proving "them" wrong if they don't think a working mother can handle the responsibilities and high growth expectations.

Maybe. If you know your worth and can clearly articulate and negoti ...

Custom Air Products & Services, Inc.

8/27/15, 6:25 PM

Ours is definitely a male-dominated industry and I can't wait for us to get to the point where we have women working in the field. Even with the shortage of females "on their tools" here, CAPS is a really great place to work...not easy, not boring, not perfect, but a really great place. The women who are on board here are definitely treated fairly and opportunities are there for anyone who has an idea and the guts to present it. And it's not just management that values our contributions. I am always welcome in the field, in the shop, or in the boardroom, and my opinions seem to be valued in all spaces as well. Not perfect here, but darn good.

Whirlpool Corporation

8/14/15, 1:24 AM

From my time I did not believe that management was focused on making the environment positive for employees. I am hopeful that after transitions it will begin to get better.