W.B. Mason

wbmason.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at W.B. Mason to join us.

Neovia Logistics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a very serious "good ole boy network" and a culture of feifdoms which keep you from excelling in any department

District Of Columbia Hospital Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Need to understand that member-driven organizations are completely different from nonprofit/for profit businesses. If you can accept that and understand that nuances that come with the job, can be a great place to work

It was a great place to work when my boss was there, but Associations are run by the Board/members. Can be challenging when facing a difficult personality

Kepler Cheuvreux Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Its got a good ratio of men vs women for a financial institution.

Wintrust Financial Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Women are not treated equally in regards to leadership opportunities. It is a great place to work if you are willing to clearly express your goals and have a strong enough personality and leadership skills to progress your career.

Chronicle Of Higher Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place for women to thrive and advance.

BAUER Hockey, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

When HR describes the culture as "like a locker room," take heed. They are not on your side and turn a blind eye to the sexism. Many more men than women, maybe a 65-35 split. I heard something inappropriate in regards to women (like who is hot, who got fat, who is a b*tch) probably a few times a week. Complaining goes nowhere and may actually harm you. Management doesn't care and continues to promote and protect serial offenders. I gained a lot of experience with excel and access, and for that I am very thankful. I also think I grew a thicker skin to a certain extent. Salary was subpar- the company operates under the assumption that the coolness factor is more valuable than actual money. I don't have children but, depending on how well liked you were by the men, employees would gossip about taking time for kids/leaving early for games/accommodations for pregnancy. Only female executive is the VP of HR.

Fluor Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While flex hours are offered, and laptops available, working from home is not encouraged and looked down upon. I've worked for the company for 2 years and there really are a lot of great women working here but management is male-dominated. My department is very supportive of women and young engineers in general - but we seem to be the exception. In recent years that has been a great push for hiring female engineers out of college so there is a large young workforce. Field experience is the unspoken rule for advancement, but there is not a lot of support for women once they get to the field. Women network mostly by volunteering to organize office events and socials. Established women's organization strongly supported by upper management, though they have low turnout.

DynCorp International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very male, top down, ex-military culture. Executive leadership turnover is frequent. Our division is extremely diverse in gender and ethnicity, which does promote good considerations. Business objects shift quick, and we in support are constantly trying to put out fires and leaving no time for our major initiates within a 40 hour week. I am compensated well, but that is because in in technology. My salary is good for a 40 hour work week, but I don't work 40 hours /week! If I were paid for all the after hours effort, my comp would be off the charts.

Union Pacific Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated fairly but the company culture still reflects the mentality of a male dominated, 24/7 workforce whose leaders advanced due in large part to their spouses raising their families, allowing them to focus on their careers. Although the company is aware of the need to address work/life balance issues for all employees, and has created policies to allow for a more flexible work environment (ex. telecommuting)few employees actually take advantage of these options because the culture is not fully supportive. At a time when other companies are introducing new leave policies to adapt to the needs of a changing workforce, Union Pacific's culture remains largely unchanged. Leave policies aside, the company does offer a pension plan in addition to the 401k plan (with company match). The pension benefit is sometimes overlooked by applicants who do not understand the benefit or whose goals are not to establish a long-term career but to work for different employers throughout their career. Overall, pay and benefits are competitive with other large employers.

National Football League Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

I worked there for three years, and found it to be a place where there were struggles between the "old guard" who had been there forever and were lifers, versus the newer folks who wanted to make change and improve things. The pay was pretty bad across the board.