Kittypilgrim Analyst, Managed Care

If you think you may want to get pregnant in the future, start saving your PTO days now! Short-term disability is minimal, there's no parental leave.

Coffee Lady

There is a lot of potential with the company, bu my division is very male leadership oriented. Women are typically in support roles. My supervisor is a great advocate and values work/life balance, family obligations, etc. and that is what keeps me there.

There may be great opportunities for women in other areas, but our group is not the most female friendly.
Dee

Maternity isn't so good from what I've heard

Lady CrazyCatLady

Ive worked here for a year and I love it. Lots of female associates.

Lady Bug4688 Cashier to SFL

I have worked here for 9 years and have worked my way up to to lower management, the work load does not equal the pay rate. I feel that women are expected to do more than their share and have little voice when problems arise. Time off of any kind , not just maternity is difficult as well.

Probably would depend on age and future plans
Lady ladybug153 Finance Manager

The perspective of a female is valued if you are vocal. This is still a place where people let the work speak for itself, very results oriented, though political at times. Do good work and you will be rewarded. The culture is very family oriented for those wanting children but the hours are hard if you are committed. However, I think this is true of any company.

Lady Lillith Shift Lead, Entire store

Be positive, ask questions, go the extra step, take the challenge and conquer it!

Madam crazycatlady Shift Lead

I have been with the company for 11 years ever since I jumped ship from a competitor. I was in management with other company and got so burned I told myself never to do it again! My advice to myself on my first day with Walgreens would be to forget that other experience entirely and GO FOR IT!! I finally accepted promotion to Shift Lead 3 years ago and although the pay is subpar for the work that is required and the hours are often miserable, it's not the nightmare I lived through ( barely ) with other company. Other women should come on board knowing they need to move up as quickly as possible and that my particular position is heavily task oriented with time restrictions on said tasks even though you must also perform management functions and be ever conscious of customer service at the same time!

Lady WagSlave

It's taken me 4 years to get promoted to assistant store manager. This is a great progression but only because I've worked mostly 10 hour days, came in on days off, made sure mine and others duties are done when they fail to do it just to keep the store looking good. I've worked 6 shifts in a row because others haphazardly called in (managers, even store managers) and nobody would be there to cover the store to stay open. I got nothing in return. Nothing. My store manager never says thank you for all my over and above work habits. Get to where you are now, but now just ride the wave. Relax. Let it come to you. IF it doesn't, move on.

Lady Mad Maude

you can only do what is humanly possible. and if you are in pharmacy, just do what you can at a pace that is safe. too much multitasking leads to errors. people will wait 45 minutes for a pizza but not 15 for medication. so take your time, do it right and shake it off!

Women Review Walgreens for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Walgreens by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 27 reviews Company Website Kittypilgrim Coffee Lady Dee Lady CrazyCatLady Lady Bug4688 Lady ladybug153 Lady Lillith Madam crazycatlady Lady WagSlave Lady Mad Maude