3.2

Lady SouthernAndSerious

The grocery business is a man's world. This organization--for all it's talk of Core Values--is run by a good ol' boy network of (mostly) white guys who do not necessarily welcome the female perspective when it comes to operations, benefits, training, etc. Women who ask questions that make male leaders uncomfortable are quickly labeled as difficult "squeaky wheels." It's an unspoken rule that we should keep our mouths shut to prevent making waves if we want to get ahead at WFM.

Maybe. Depends on the position and department they'd be working in.

Lady loudmouth

No paid leave. FMLA entitles 16 weeks used concurrently with PDL. In California you can also stack CFRA for another 12 weeks of Baby Bonding. (Must qualify based on service hours & time in position) There is no problem taking leave time for pregnancy but they are not paid. If you are on the medical plan there are additional free maternity resources at your disposal.

Lady Graves

Customer Service

They pretend to have a lot to offer you. But in reality you will be overworked and underpaid.

Lady madlove

Team Leader

Marketing

I have yet to experience first hand the need for maternity leave, I hear that it relatively fair. There is an abundance of sexual harassment that goes unpunished or unreported for fear of retaliation. There are women in leadership roles including at the regional level. But males do dominate the positions throughout the company.

Maybe. Though it is a pretty male dominated company, there are a lot of women in leadership positions. Though sexual harassment claims tend to get swept under the rug. I am not ok with this, but need to support my family and fear that other work environments would be similar but with less benefits. So I survive through it and continue to notify the appropriate channels when the instances arise.

Lady rrrippinrrrose

Florist

Produce

There is a lot of favoritism in general at my store and morale is very low. That being said, some stores are very different from others. I haven't noticed favoritism towards men in particular, but the majority of team leaders are men. I have been there several years.

Madam NobleSquirrel

Specialist

Bakery

Very ethical company. While working any retail job can be physically demanding and tougher than the average desk job, working for Whole Foods is very rewarding. They offer great health care and it is easy to use PTO and, if necessary, leaves of absences.

Madam Biabe

Prepared Foods Team Member

Prepared Foods

Learn as much as you can.

Lady DancesWithTrees

Do not be afraid to ask for help with things - they were always more than happy to adjust things so that I was comfortable and able to do all the things I could as a new mother. They always worked around my needs as far as breastfeeding went which was a big help - I went and asked if I could pump every 2 hours because my milk was decreasing and they found a way to start working that into the schedule that very day. I couldn't be more grateful for their support.

Lady cresha85

Cashier

Guest services

I feel like i cant move up with this

Lady carlajcoleman

Supervisor

Prepared Foods

I worked here 8 years and never had any corrective actions. Come to work everyday and worked by hardest. Was looked up to by just about every Team Member in the store including store leadership. But as a black person always looked over for promotions. They were always given to a "friend". I put in for a request and was denied for false reasons. Basically one of the people in charge of the store abuses her power and does things like that especially to black people or anyone she does not like for HER PERSONAL REASONS. None of which are related to company policy. The store I worked in #59 CTR was very unfair to all black Team Members and there are currently in leadership roles. With the exception of one who happens to be female. She has been working for the store for about 5 years and every time she tries to move up in the company they always give her a reason why they wont let her.

Maybe. I would recommend for a white women but never a black woman. Black people get treated so unfair with this company.