Whole Foods Market, Inc.

3.1

"Whole Foods is currently having issues in general with treating their employee population well. If you're a woman, it's even worse. Iv'e personally experienced and also witnessed mistreatment of employees with manageable health conditions, mishandling of leave of absence due to health reason and/or maternity leave. I personally would never work there again and would never refer anyone. Sadly, I did not feel this way during my first year, but what I experienced and also witnessed during my tenure has soured my viewpoint."
Team Member, N/A
Would you recommend Whole Foods Market, Inc. to other women?
"The grocery business is a man's world. This organization--for all it's talk of Core Values--is run by a good ol' boy network of (mostly) white guys who do not necessarily welcome the female perspective when it comes to operations, benefits, training, etc. Women who ask questions that make male leaders uncomfortable are quickly labeled as difficult "squeaky wheels." It's an unspoken rule that we should keep our mouths shut to prevent making waves if we want to get ahead at WFM."
Would you recommend Whole Foods Market, Inc. to other women?
"Depends on the position and department they'd be working in."
"No paid leave. FMLA entitles 16 weeks used concurrently with PDL. In California you can also stack CFRA for another 12 weeks of Baby Bonding. (Must qualify based on service hours & time in position) There is no problem taking leave time for pregnancy but they are not paid. If you are on the medical plan there are additional free maternity resources at your disposal."
Would you recommend Whole Foods Market, Inc. to other women?
"They pretend to have a lot to offer you. But in reality you will be overworked and underpaid."
N/A, Customer service
Would you recommend Whole Foods Market, Inc. to other women?
"I have yet to experience first hand the need for maternity leave, I hear that it relatively fair. There is an abundance of sexual harassment that goes unpunished or unreported for fear of retaliation. There are women in leadership roles including at the regional level. But males do dominate the positions throughout the company."
Team Leader, Marketing
Would you recommend Whole Foods Market, Inc. to other women?
"Though it is a pretty male dominated company, there are a lot of women in leadership positions. Though sexual harassment claims tend to get swept under the rug. I am not ok with this, but need to support my family and fear that other work environments would be similar but with less benefits. So I survive through it and continue to notify the appropriate channels when the instances arise."
"There is a lot of favoritism in general at my store and morale is very low. That being said, some stores are very different from others. I haven't noticed favoritism towards men in particular, but the majority of team leaders are men. I have been there several years."
florist, produce