Workbar

workbar.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Workbar to join us.

Entrust Datacard Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I loved working at Entrust Datacard, I have some long lasting friends from working here. But if you are not salaried you are treated like a dub-human. Treatment is not the same.

Entrust Datacard was flexible as long as you were in a salaried position. Twice I applied for positions outside of my department and each time my manager pulled them back or blocked them, Other individuals with the same title were salaried I was hourly. I was laid off On February 25, 2016. The last 6 month's I worked at this company, I had Fungal Pneumonia, a mild stroke, and yes I missed some days, over my allowed. But I always made up my time,I have yet to be able to land a full-time position. I feel like my old manager is giving poor references to prospective employer's.

Exosite LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Get the experience and then be open to moving on. Don't expect Exosite to be empathetic to reality, but do expect artificial harmony and a focus on a person's intent vs. their impact.

We do have very flexible policies, however there are some leaders that want your butt in the seat and keep track of when you are there or not. It's not a large company, but different groups have different expectations.

The policy is 1 week (5 days) of parental leave, plus what is required under FMLA. Short term disability is available if you enroll and pay for it.

Wind Creek Casino Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a good place to work at if you are looking to work and need income. You can switch to another department after you have been working there for 6 months. So you definitely have a chance to go up the ladder. It's fun and exciting environment and you interact with so many individuals. If you are driven, people friendly, and have a get up and go attitude this would be the perfect job setting for you. To sum it up I'll say this it's not the best job in the world but then again, it's not the worst job either.

Sunglass Hut Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Don't be afraid to ask for what you want and be clear from the start!

Painting with a Twist Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Worked here for over a year; as an instructor, as long as you have the chops to be able to teach a class full of people, you're typically respected. Customers seem to prefer men instructors, though, but that's not pushed by the company. No benefits, but a great level of understanding for time off/needing to take care of family things.

Pennsylvania Cable Network Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I left because of serious sexual harassment from the president of the company. It wasn't an isolated incident; the culture allowed lewd sexual comments specifically directed to me and other female employees to go unaddressed for years. When women raised complaints about verbal harassment, they were told to dress more plainly and "man up and deal with it."

Sallie Mae Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I started my career there and was impressed by the strong women leaders.

Ferro Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Management here in the technical sphere is very male. Lots of old school, east coast, boys club attitudes. Was taken off of a project because potential eh &s issues "endangered" my breastfed infant. The attitudes towards women aren't outwardly sexist, they just carry a lot of "traditional opinions" that are just concealed benevolent/subconscious sexism. If you are a female scientist here you will be treated as the group secretary. It's epidemic.

Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My prior job was at Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman and Dicker, a national law firm, where I worked for 2 years. Even though lip service was given to diversity, there are currently 7 women attorneys and 25 men attorneys in the office in a western U.S. city where I worked. The culture was male dominated, with all of the subtle and not so subtle characteristics that come with a traditional caste system. The office where I worked was originally formed by the merger of a male partner from one firm, along with his lackeys, and a male partner who left another firm, taking a large book of business and male and associates who were elevated to partner level at the new merged firm. During my time there, the heads of the two seminal groups were always at odds. After I left, one of the two original founding partners of the office was ousted. He is the partner who had hired me. He was replaced by a female partner, so things may have improved for the women lawyers, but I doubt it. During my tenure, the most powerful equity partner, who had not hired me, was a total bully who lacked communication skills. Other male attorneys cow-towed to him even while he was publicly mistreating female associates. The bully partner did not hesitate to berate female associates in public emails. Overall, there was a lack of leadership in the office. The firm has a 401K but no matching. About 180 hours billable per month were required, which is not terribly high but not as low as at some firms where I have worked. Overall, from a female perspective, the experience was a nightmare. I cannot speak for the male attorneys there.

State of Florida Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are many women working here, even in management. In fact, the head of the agency is currently a woman. Maternity leave is a combo of annual leave and sick leave (you get 176 and 124 every annual anniversary and it accrues) up to six months. Advancement can be very political particularly to the higher- ranking and paying positions.