Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at World Education Services to join us.

Springstone Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Watch your back. You never know what mood the boss is in.

UPS Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

It was pretty neutral nothing to really say. Would recommend working here no complaints.

Arkatecht Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

It’s a startup focused on supporting women advancing in the workplace and at home

Exelon Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Exelon is a good company to work for especially relative to our competition in the utility space

We have a recent policy change to parental leave giving birth mom's 16 weeks paid time off, new dads/non-birth moms 8 weeks, and 2 weeks of primary caregiver leave if you need to take care of a family member.

The maternity policy has changed since I had my son. I was able to cobble together STD, vacation and sick time to take 16 weeks. Now you get the 16 weeks, plus you can add on vacation. The company allows 6 mo of personal time off (unpaid unless you have paid time you can use up) - I believe this is in addition to FMLA. I believe this is very generous vs. other employers in our industry.

Lee County School District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is very hard to tell someone with the desire to teach not to do so. What I tell them is to have another option as a backup plan and to trust their guts. If it seems bad, it is.

I have worked for 12 years in this school district, and I am almost at the end of my career. In the time I have been here, my ideas have always been belittled and demeaned, as have the skills of school counselors in general. This year I lost my job for no reason other than the fact that I am an old woman. (The ideal reorganization of our particular school required the the elimination of 6 jobs--all held by women over the age of 60.) Also, teachers have almost no opportunity to participate in plans regarding their own jobs. In this school district, the last 40 years of social progress never happened. Why do I stay? Because if I give up on myself, I give up on my students.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Diocese Of Tucson Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't do it- they don't have maternity leave, and they don't pay for birth control.

Democracy Prep Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

This employer does promote professional growth, but at a cost of work-life balance. In order to be successful at this job, you need to be willing to dedicate you entire life to it.

Room to Read Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Respect for time off depends on the particular manager, some are much better than others and tone comes from top down.

Nerdwallet Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Working at NerdWallet has been an experience that, for the first time in my life, has made me feel like it is possible to be part of a professional environment where I will not be treated unfairly as a woman. Since the beginning of my employment here, I have always felt strongly that my contributions and skills are valued and recognized equally to my male co-workers, which is a great feeling!