ZymoGenetics, Inc

www.zymogenetics.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at ZymoGenetics, Inc to join us.

WestEd Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

One's experience at WestEd is entirely dependent on the team one works in.

LovelySkin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

One of the things that really sets this company apart from others is that the majority of the staff are women. There are many entry-level positions with a great opportunity to grow. It's easy to learn skills on the job and if you're willing to put in a lot of hard work, you can move up in the company over time. The biggest perks include great bonuses, raises, healthcare benefits, retirement plan and profit sharing. Management is very invested in the success of the staff.

It's important to establish your work-life balance from day one. Flexible hours and regular lunch breaks are discouraged. Upon interviewing, HR touts work from home "rewards," but working from home isn't an option unless it's in addition to your regular 40+ hours. Management can be insensitive and occasionally expects team members to be available at all times, including nights and weekends. It's okay to let them know they're asking for too much of your personal time.

Paid maternity leave is not available, but you can take out short-term disability at a monthly cost to you. If you have health troubles while pregnant (bed rest, miscarriage, etc.), management is incredibly understanding and flexible to your needs.

Powell's Books Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think men and women are treated pretty equally here. It seems like there are a lot of women in leadership roles. Powell's workers are unionized as well, and I believe the union advocates well for employees of all genders. That said, it's a retail job and the company doesn't pay their employees particularly well. Schedules tend to have limited flexibility and it's hard to snag a full time position. If you do though, the benefits are great.

Health Provider Management Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

When it isn't possible to leave your kids at home for a last minute meeting, you can bring them to the meeting.

Not Changing ownership.

Hayes Management Consulting Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for over 5 years and had a great experience. There are many women working within the company in various roles and at various levels. Many female consultants, HR employees, finance etc. There was plenty of room for growth/advancement. I did not have children while working here.

American Residential Services LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been working here for a few years and while there are plenty of women in management roles it seems like they have a harder time getting those positions and are often questioned about their decisions. There are also more rules dictating how women should dress than the men and general conversation always brings up "the girls in the office" or "the guys in the field" despite having both genders in both places. The higher you get up in management the more and more hours you're expected to work until you have zero time for anything else. Update (July 2016): The company has now made changes to the handbook that are less strict about what women (and men) must wear.

Maybe. horrible health insurance, too many rules in the handbook, pressure to work constantly including after hours

Pioneer Sand Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for over 5 years and while I don't think the women here are given many opportunities for advancement they also do not respect or support one another. The moral is very bad and the women there are very nasty and petty with one another. Very unfortunate. Doesn't help our struggle for equality in the workplace.

National Gallery of Art Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most of the staff is comprised of women, but it's run by an old boys club in the high level positions. There is less of a culture of sexism than there is of ageism. People refuse to retire from the Federal government, so you have an entire generation of staff who barely know how to attach a document to an email, much less want to evolve and adapt to new creative ways of doing things. If you're under the age of 35, you are treated like a child. Older women are clearly threatened by younger female employees and not many are supportive in terms of wanting to advance and promote staff. However, I will say that I have made wonderful friendships with many colleagues here. When I went on maternity leave, my colleagues donated over 80 hours of paid leave to me which tremendously helped my family financially.

Maybe. It's overall a decent place to work, but it is run by a heirarchy of old men who really just need to retire.

Radius Intelligence Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great.

mindSHIFT Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I have been with my company for 11 years and have a 6 year old child. I am a manager and as such was able to set my own hours after my child was born. I have an employee who is comping back from maternity leave and she will be working 30 hours a week. I allow my department (men & women) to work from home if their kids are sick or if there's a snow day. I believe that good people are productive if you give them a reason to be, but I can't comment on the rest of my company.