- Deep global regulatory experience
- Operational excellence and strong cash flow
- Strong sales growth and profitability with significant recurring sales
We expect the creation of the two companies will be completed in 2024. For now, we will continue to operate as one global company. This role is positioned to drive the success of the "New Health Care Company”.
Purpose of the role:
The person hired for the position will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the IBP process, developing capabilities (People, Process, Data, and Technology), leading change, and ensuring effective & accelerated implementation in the Area. The role will require an experienced professional who is able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and demanding growth environment, leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and leadership skills. This role will be challenged to build and implement a world class Integrated Business Planning process across the Area to drive value realization by improving demand and supply plan accuracy and develop and execute solutions to complex problems. Included is the development of an unconstrained, consensus forecast/demand plan over the 0-36 months strategic horizon. They will own alignment & gap closing action plans and will be responsible to work between all demand generating and demand planning functions to develop an aligned Demand Plan. They will report into the MSD Area Vice President.
Primary Responsibilities related to the Area Demand Review process include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaises with Marketing, Sales, and Operations to develop, update and ensure integrity of the Area unconstrained demand plan (executional and strategic horizon)
- Manages multi-faceted connection with strategy, macroeconomic indicators, portfolio management, marketing, end customer sales (POS), key accounts and demand planning.
- Work closely with Global colleagues to drive IBP development and support Global IBP Integrated Reconciliation Reviews at the Business Unit level.
- Ensures that demand functions are identifying opportunities for business improvement & Growth.
- Prepares and Facilitates Monthly IBP Area Demand Review for MSD.
- Aggregation and alignment of foundational Portfolio Plans to US Plan
- Deploys and maintains process to gather, quantify, & manage demand assumptions & variables.
- Financialization of demand plans and gap analysis to Business Strategy, OP and QOR targets
- Drives focus for review: plan alignment, month over month changes, gaps & actions to close.
- Project management of gap closing action plans within the Area and Global colleagues.
- Track performance metrics and accountability to drive improvement.
- Track actual performance to plan and strategy and assess how to improve performance.
- Align monthly forecasting processes by gathering and challenging data.
- Ensure one-page summaries are produced from each demand review and distributed to the appropriate stakeholders, highlighting changes, risks, opportunities, and issues.
- Ensure relevant feedback from other reviews in the cycle are presented at the demand reviews.
- Ensure changes are analyzed and understood by the demand facilitator and that the responsible demand owners are held to account for the data and challenged on the variances.
- Ensure scenarios are developed and presented to highlight impacts of key drivers, instability, opportunities, and risks.
- Support IBP Integrated Reconciliation, representing demand and discussing impacts of risks/issues and opportunities.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum seven (7) combined years of Business, Finance and/or Supply Chain experience.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Previous experience leading Sales & Operations Planning and/or Integrated Business Planning processes.
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or Supply Chain
- Experience leading projects to improve business processes and their integration with strategic or operational business planning.
- Working in international, cross-cultural working environments
- Experience presenting to senior executive teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting technology or ERP systems is preferred.
- High proficiency using PC based applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, PowerBI)
- Influence others and overcome barriers to change (including behavioural/cultural and organizational issues)
- Self-motivated and a good communicator at all levels of the organization
- Experience with data analytical tools for data discovery & modelling, visualization and Analysis
- Experience utilizing process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, or other)
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at https://www.3M.com or on Twitter @https://3M.Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.