3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
As a Senior Medical Liaison, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Reinforcing 3M’s position as a market leader, committed to the exchange of scientific information and optimizing patient care strategies and outcomes. This is evidenced by the Senior Medical Liaison’s role serving as a key clinical/scientific resource to key opinion leaders and advocates as an expert in the field within the corporation and providing peer-level support for Investigator Initiated Studies and Publications planning. In addition to having a positive reputation within the company, Senior MSLs also are generally recognized outside of 3M for their contributions to science or medicine.
- Supporting the development of professional relationships through appropriate scientific exchange of information and knowledge that benefits 3M customers and patients and acting on identified opportunities to partner with key opinion leaders whose knowledge and expertise on disease state specific initiatives supports 3M’s mission.
- Transferring the information learned from experiments and projects to other groups inside and outside of R&D, (including Marketing, Clinical Affairs, Sales, Training, etc.) and creating education and presentation materials in support of internal and external customer needs, ensuring materials comply with regulatory guidelines and 3M practices. Where applicable, delivering fair-balanced clinical and scientific information to HCPs.
- Representing 3M at professional meetings, advisory boards, investigator meetings, congresses, local symposia and partner-sponsored meetings including grand rounds, departmental meetings, and physician practice meetings.
- Utilizing advanced project management skills the Senior ML will take an independent leadership role in developing and leading complex, cross-functional teams and programs with responsible for most or all of the strategy, planning, execution, and communication.
- Developing and fostering strong relationships with key internal partners to ensure continuous alignment and drive impactful results with a focus on continuous process improvement. This includes serving as a mentor to Medical Liaison team members.
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to both corporate and Global Medical Sciences (GMS) operations, principles, and values. Enthusiastically and actively championing the value of medical partnerships and GMS and how it contributes to the success of the organization.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Doctoral or terminal degree in a relevant biomedical science, health profession or related field. A Master level degree and significant experience in a related field may be considered as terminal degree equivalent in certain areas of the business.
- 7+ years medical device or related work experience in research, clinical or medical departments in a private, public, government, or military environment
- 7+ years background in the wound management, surgical management and/or medical device area
- 3+ years experience in customer facing, field based medical or scientific activities
- Ability to critically evaluate new scientific and clinical literature (with in depth understanding of the study design/methodology, results and limitations) and determine the relevance of the new literature to historical studies and business strategy
- Interpersonal skills and cross-cultural awareness
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in using corporate HR, financial, MS office and similar systems
- Valid Driver’s license (verified prior to start)
- 10+ years background in the wound management, surgical management and/or medical device area
- 5+ years experience in a customer facing, field based medical or scientific role
- Strong understanding of health care compliance, legal and regulatory guidelines related to medical affairs, with a strong knowledge of guidelines around HCP interactions and navigating any at-risk scenarios to minimize risk to the company
- High degree of interpersonal skills and cross-cultural awareness. Is effective working and influencing in a matrix environment
- Strong project management skills, a bias towards action, and a focus on continuous improvement.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Project Management Certification
- Experience working in a matrix organization and with diversified cultures
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at https://www.3M.com or on Twitter @https://3M.Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.