Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Mechanical Design Leader for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Chengdu, Shanghai, China, you will achieve routine design/process jobs independently, practice and improve knowledge and know-how on Body in White domain by self.
This position reports to
- Assembling and sorting car models according to Family tree
- Collecting/picking out the GD&T information
- Collecting/picking out the manufacturing information, e.g., Spot welding points, MIG/MAG, Glue, rivet, Bolts, and so on
- Studying primary layout, to understand workflow, conveyor, logistic of car parts, quantity of E&M per station, assistant tools, steel structure and media supply
- Welding gun study and window design/definition, prepare welding parameter
- Allocating fixtures and operator
- Being responsible for BOM of the Fixtures and other new building equipment’s, relevant technical requirements &catalogue; Making PR-Purchasing Request for purchasing Equipment’s components and manufacturing fixtures, hemming die
- Pneumatic/electrical drive/sensor switch general layout and sequence diagram
- Spotting welding distribution list with parameter
- Processing documents-Loading plan, spots distribution, operation sequence, Cycle time, and so on
- Being responsible for fixture measuring plan and shim regulation list
- Above 5 years experiences as designers in automotive domain;
- Background of BIW welding fixture design, Hemming die design, automotive product design and development;
- CAD/CAM: Catia V5, UG (Solid modeling, Surfacing, Assembly & drafting), AutoCAD, MicroStation;
- MS office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word;
- Knowledge in EN, DIN, NAAMS, PSA, GM, VW and other car maker standards.
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.