Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Designer for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Shanghai, China, you will be responsible for providing technical support to pre-sale proposal, customer specifications, safety standards and test project.
This position reports to
- Assisting project managers in technical reviews and discussions with customers, partners, subcontractors and vendors
- Creating and delivering the work plan, budget, and risk assessments of project electrical engineering
- Being in charge of project standard template Eplan design and checking detail Eplan design of subcontractors and vendors
- Being in charge of electrical cabinet installation management onsite, provide technical guidance to electrician
- Being in charge of PLC & HMI design, programming and commission, check and control the PLC & HMI design, programming and commission of subcontractors and vendors
- Securing the electrical engineering of project is executed under the discipline of the workflow
- Being able to adapt to on-site working environment and long-term business trip (50%)
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in electrical engineering, automation or equivalent is required
- 5 years non-standard electrical & control design experience in automation industrial
- Familiar with mainstream PLC & HMI system (Siemens S7-1200/S7-1500/Wincc, B&R AS/Mapp view experience will be a plus)
- Familiar with Eplan, could design for projects independently
- Familiar with LAD/ST/SCL/Graph of PLC programming, ST experience will be a plus
- Good written and oral English, Good communication skill
- System design or integration experience in automotive, tier1 or assembly line will be a plus
- Have knowledge in PC base software development, SCADA & MES develop experience will be a plus, have C#/JS develop experience will be a plus
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.