Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Designer for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Shanghai, China, you will be responsible for creating and executing designs for engineering solutions. This includes drawings, calculations, bill of materials, standardization, engineering instructions and processes.
This position reports to
- Applying state-of-the-art design methods, tools, and engineering practices to design development and standardization
- Ensuring quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Completing risk and opportunity assessments, and reporting any issues for resolution
- Communicating engineering designs and processes to stakeholders and contributing to design reviews and in project meetings
- Working with the supply chain on vendor documentation, bids and evaluations of proposals, materials, and equipment
- Providing training and assistance to entry-level team members
- 0~3years of experience working in an engineering environment, ideally in a company that develops products or engineering, for example: automotive, painting application, robot engineering etc.
- Sound knowledge and is an experienced user of 3D CAD software: SolidWorks (solid modeling, surfacing, assembly and drafting), Microstation, Creo, etc. and AutoCAD
- Knowledge, (working knowledge) of mechanical and electro-mechanical engineering and systems, background of paint shop design, robot painting application design, automotive product design and development will be preferred
- Having Microsoft office programs including excel, work and power point
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical, engineering, physics, or related subject
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, and strong written and spoken communication skills in English
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.