Application Engineer Drives (80 - 100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Our local sales unit has 40 employees who work closely together. As an Application Engineer Drives, you will play a key role in supporting our sales team. Your technical skills and market knowledge will help you to advise our customers. Together with our sales team, you will answer customers' questions and consult them about drive technologies and drive systems. In our local Sales & Service unit, we communicate openly and directly and appreciate a lively exchange. We proactively support further training, and the team spirit is promoted by regular joint activities.
- Provide professional and sound advice to customers about drives technology and drive systems
- Supporting customers in the implementation of ABB products
- Assist in the development of customer-based solutions/ modifications and products
- Calculating and setting up (laboratory or on-site) applications
- Design and dimensioning of solutions; demanding technical solution; consulting customers.
- Conduct training for customers, employees, partners and store information, documents, tools and SW for quick availability.
- Introduce new product families (technical) in consultation/coordination with technical managers.
- Collect, structure, file, train on marketing information (competitors, argumentation, etc.) both from sales and external sources.
- Collect market trends and requirements from customers and manage the factories (feedback loop).
- Regular coordination with Area Sales Manager and escalation (product quality, operational problems and master data).
- Good technical background in electrical engineering, automation or machine construction (HF/FH)
- Experience in PLC, motors, generators, frequency converters are a plus
- Understanding of applications and recognition of customer requirements for finding solutions.
- Good understanding of the industrial market is a plus
- Languages DE business fluent, EN, FR is a plus
- High level of self-motivation, high level of initiative, high level of independence
- High level of interest in drive and control technology
- Flexible work practices
- Employee Share Acquisition Plan
- Gym membership
More about us
ABB Motion keeps the world turning - while saving energy every day. We innovate and push the boundaries of technology to enable the low-carbon future for customers, industries and societies. With our digitally enabled drives, motors and services our customers and partners achieve better performance, safety and reliability. We offer a combination of domain expertise and technology to deliver the optimum drive and motor solution for a wide range of applications in all industrial segments. Through our global presence we are always close to serve our customers. Building on over 130 years of cumulative experience in electric powertrains, we learn and improve every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting process is being led by Raphael Messer, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website https://www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate