Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Provide the ABB sales network with high-level scientific and technical applications support, knowledge of the markets and of customer needs, and this to maximize ABB sales.
- Work in close collaboration with the regional and industry development managers, The inside sales team and the sales network to qualify sales opportunities, define system configurations for the applications requested.
- Provide, if applicable, support for the sales and marketing activities such as the training of the sales force.
- Contribute content for the development of marketing and communications material (application notes, data sheets, brochures, etc.).
- Work closely with ABB's sales teams and partners during the development of project submissions to define the technical solution that meets our customers' needs.
- In collaboration with the project team during the implementation of the technical solution: calculations of the performance specifications, selection of the components, evaluation of the compatibility of the materials, elaboration of the drawings, creation of the Bills of Materials, development of the test procedures, management of the documentation, support of the integration technicians.
- Participate in the FAT (Factory Acceptance Tests) with customers by presenting the technical aspects of the project.
- Support of representatives of the After-sales Department in the installation and commissioning of the projects delivered to the customers.
- Propose and participate in the various initiatives to improve the tools and processes used by the Application Engineering team for the realization of the projects.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, chemical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree in mechanical or chemical engineering with a specialization in fluid mechanics is an asset.
- 5 years and more of work experience in product development.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication of French and English (spoken and written).
- Customer-minded and result-oriented.
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent in priority management.
- Demonstrate great leadership.
- Demonstrate sense of entrepreneurship and initiative.
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and support-ed. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process. #LI-Onsite