Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an Automation Engineer for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Yokohama, Japan, you will develop the necessary skills to begin designing concepts for new applications, supervising trainees, managing projects, and training of less experienced engineers. Local regal entity of this position is B&R K.K.
This position reports to
- ①Work direlcty with costomers, costomer care, provide supprot to exsiting customers.
- ②Training- teach customer how to use technology & hardware,
- ③Projcet developmet
- Reviewing automation application needs and document requirements
- Estimating implementation effort to develop automation applications
- Creating project plans
- Developing and documenting control application designs, programming automation applications
- Developing formal test plans and scripts, then execute testing
- Troubleshooting and resolving application issues
- Tracking and reporting project status
- Traveling to customer locations to resolve technical problems
- Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year college or university in ①Mechatoronics ②Automation Engineering are the most preffrable. Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CMPE), Electrical Engineering (EE) or Mechanical Engineering (ME), or sufficient experience in this field is considerble.
- Application development experience in a high-level language, preferred "C""C＋＋"
- Experience in PLC, Servo Drive, Control system, Motor selection
- Business level of English skills (reading, writing and speaking)
- Japanese language (JLPT N1 or above for reading, writing and speaking)
- People who are able to go on business trip.
- Motion control system
- IEC 61131 programming languages (ladder diagram, structured text)
- In depth knowledge of Windows operating systems, Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Studio .NET
- Great interest in PC- and PLC-hardware applications, mechanical and electrical systems and physics
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Paid Parental leave (gender neutral)
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
More about us
As a global leader in industrial automation, B&R (ABB’s Machine Automation Division) combines state-of-the-art technology and advanced engineering to provide customers in virtually every industry with complete solutions. In particular B&R develops, manufactures and distributes industrial electronics, software and mechatronic solutions as well technologies for machine and factory automation. The innovative spirit that keeps B&R at the forefront is driven by a commitment to exceeding customer expectations. B&R has enhanced its automation portfolio in 2020 by acquiring a leading provider of delta robots, Codian Robotics. B&R is part of the ABB Group and its Robotics & Discrete Automation business area, which, together with the ABB Robotics Division, employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid