BD Manager-Robots & automation
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Business Development Manager for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Shanghai, Beijing, Qingdao, Jinan, China, you will be analyzing customer needs for the portfolio, securing customer advantages and benefits as well as white spot analysis and connected strategies to penetrate the market.
This position reports to
Local Sub-Product Gp Mgr-North China GI
- Contributing to local Business Unit/Product Group strategy definition and execution through the analysis and identification of new markets, segments and/or product solutions
- Providing market intelligence analysis in support of identification and development of new markets, segments or solutions. Participates in internal work groups in order to share knowhow, processes and market information
- Identifying, leading or contributing to identification and acquisition opportunities to expand into the newly defined area. Collaborating with all related internal contacts to ensure alignment, efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of the commercial strategy
- Coordinating product marketing launch development plans and ensuring efficient and effective execution together with the product managers and the relevant
- Identifying partnership opportunities and participating in the definition of partnerships agreements together with local Business Unit
- Participating in planning and implementation of customer events and trade shows
- Ensuring budget (volumes) and profitable growth targets are achieved in the respective market segments. Ensures achievement of targets on orders, net price variance (NPV), Net Promoter Score (NPS), etc.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing development or the relevant, working as key person to find and drive the implementation of marketing initiatives with robotics automations and solutions.
- Sound knowledge with one or more segments in solar, general industry painting, general welding and heavy machinery would be mandatory
- Knowledge of Microsoft software kits
- hardworking, can-do attitude and open-minded team player
- A master’s degree of business or equivalent in business administration and economy
- Fluent English
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.