Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The role of the Category Manager is to develop, plan and implement the procurement and logistics strategy for an assigned category or group of categories, with a focus on optimizing costs, quality, delivery and reliability. You will ensure execution in accordance with instructions and procedures from the company, the Procurement & Logistics function, and supply base management.
This position reports to
Manufacturing Unit Manager
- Implementing effective sourcing strategies in line with the Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing process and business strategy, ensuring that suppliers can meet current and future business requirements, as well as ensuring that all relevant parties grasp strategies and execute processes accordingly.
- Managing the planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets, emerging country spending and savings forecasts.
- Buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and company guidelines in order to minimize quality and financial risks.
- Negotiating with main suppliers, and periodically renewing price lists, terms and conditions.
- Adapting corporate contractual frameworks to local business needs, and recommending frame agreements to management and executing them, as well as providing oversight and contract management with suppliers.
- Choosing appropriate suppliers (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with company policies.
- Defining and establishing local standard agreements with all major suppliers, while providing and maintaining standard terms in purchase contracts/terms and conditions in line with company directives and guidelines.
- Designing and implementing cost-out programs and/or processes to reach financial targets.
- Contributing to and participating in setting and implementing budget and targets within the framework and ensuring that sourcing performance targets are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree from and accredited university or college.
- 8 years of experience in sourcing supplier management & negotiation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- ERP knowledge.
- Communication and influencing skills.
- Planning and prioritizing
- Analyzing & proposing solutions
- Strategic Sourcing.
- Finance in PL.
- Negotiation, Contract, Supplier and project Management.
- Operational Purchasing.
- Procurement Tools
- English fluency.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: on site #LI-onsite