Channel Specialist - UPS
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Implement the agreed sales channel strategy for the ABB Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) portfolio in order to improve ABB market penetration and realize growth aspirations. Increase new and existing business by supporting the Sales organization to have relevant knowledge of products and markets. Plan and ensure execution of business area sales strategy to achieve both qualitative and quantitative targets for assigned channel in a profitable way: orders, revenues, growth, margin, market share, sales productivity, and customer satisfaction. Monitor proactively assigned channel performance, ensuring development and implementation of correction actions to secure business growth when and where needed.
- Strategic: Implements the agreed UPS channel sales strategy and budget. Contributes to the identification of appropriate channels and targets. Provides channel strategy input for the sales team and helps to harmonize the market sales and marketing plans.
- Supports the local Sales organization/customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions and in the preparation of demanding offers. Provides technical support during the technical meeting, product presentations and negotiations and offers product/solution/service-related training. Responsible for defining the transfer price and selling products, systems and service to local Sales organization focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets
- Targets: Contributes in achieving key targets (e.g. volume, prices, mix) for the channel in the specified market. Creates detailed business plans, implement with regular follow-up.
- Negotiations: Contributes in sales negotiations and negotiates frame agreements. Creates offers and proposals for channel partners in line with broader sales offers.
- Partners: Identifies and evaluates channel partners together with the Channel or Sales Manager. Regularly reports progress against channel strategy, plans and budgets. Conducts analyses on channel activity and takes ownership for solving problems identified.
- Marketing: Collaborates with Marketing and Sales and executes those activities that require channel/segment partner
- participation. Implements the planned communication, promotion and training activities in the channel/segment.
- Customer relations: Supports in driving strategic partnerships, developing personal relationships with partners, customers and other decision makers.
- Channel management support: Supports in evaluation/certification and training of channel partners.
- 3rd level qualification in Engineering or similar
- More than 10 years practical experience in the field
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- A strong application knowledge of Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems.
- Deep knowledge of the Irish UPS, Datacentre and industrial markets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Leads development of new solutions for complex projects / challenges.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite & SFDC
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.