Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a CI Specialist for Motion Business Area in Shanghai, China, you will be responsible for initiating/Coordinating continuous improvement projects and dive a culture and practice of excellence throughout entire value chain, increasing customer satisfaction and improving profitability in a sustainable way.
This position reports to
Business Manager - Operations
- Being responsible for defining and establishing best practices that improve and maintain process efficiency, introducing new methods. Be the lead trainer and coach of lean system applied into the local business unit.
- Developing, leading, supporting and implementing lean and process improvement projects across local factories, including order to delivery process, inventory reduction, material logistics and layout improvement, etc. Always drive safety first and quality in the process
- Building and maintaining visual controls and metrics aimed at delivering performance data for decision making to management.
- Facilitating, training, and coaching team members in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools
- Helping identify and remove barriers to implementation of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement. Leading projects, continuous improvements and Kazien activities.
- Working as internal coordinator/contact window to collaborate with government institutes or third-party to manage government supporting program and realize subsidies.
- Leading/Coordinating organization Culture Promotion through Events Planning, Culture wall visualization and media Communications
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or above in engineering or related field.
- 5 years of experience in Lean and Process Improvement position, very familiar with lean tools such as VSM, A3, 5S, Visual management, Kanban, Continuous flow, Pull production, TPM, etc. Six sigma green belt or black belt preferred. Good leadership and change management skills. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Language expertise in Mandarin, English required
- MS Office, especially in PowerPoint and Visio required
- Careful, Good at systemic thinking, strong sense of logic, result-oriented with strong self-motivation, can-do attitude and willing to work under pressure, teamwork spirit
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
The Large Motors and Generators Division offers a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators. From general purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors and high voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. The division also has a long track record of designing and building generators for wide range of industries, including power generation, marine, oil and gas, mining, and data centers. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.