Compensation & Performance Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role als Compensation & Performance Manager you work as part of a team of Human Resources (HR) specialists and managers to deliver the strategy for a specific HR functional area in Europe, in alignment with Group directives and wider HR strategy. You will represent the needs of the area to the global Performance & Reward function and collaborate with HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and HR Operational Global Business Services (GBS) to provide a seamless service to the business. You will be responsible for Portugal, Spain, Italy Greece & Israel. You are part of the Global Business Services (GBS). This is ABB’s shared services organization which delivers operational and expert services in Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Legal, Global Travel Services and external Customer Contact Centers. With employees based in five main hubs and front offices, GBS provides mainly Business services to ABB teams across the globe as well as supports with external customer inquiries.
This position reports to
Compensation & Performance Manager
- Leading and ensuring the implementation of HR strategies, policies and guidelines in the business organization.
- Providing advice, consultancy and recommendation to all local management levels in HR aspects and all topics related to the operational personnel management and planning.
- Acting as a change agent for the business organization with respect to change projects and processes.
- Participating in the definition of long-term business objectives and deriving the strategic HR priorities from the business strategy.
- Supporting the business managers in Talent Management by evaluating employee potential and deriving development and training activities.
- Advising business managers on compensation topics, transfers, promotions, special agreements, etc.
- Executes and contributes to strategy within functional (HR>C&P) and geographic (Belgium, Netherlands, France, UK & Ireland) area of responsibility, in alignment with Group guidance, policies, and procedures. Acts as speaking partner to the business to advise on strategy, process and policy and best practice approach in relation to Compensation & Performance.
- Manages and directs compensation programs in countries of responsibility and ensures that initiatives and strategies align with the company's Compensation philosophy and objectives and manages the legislative impact of reward policies and practices. Determine the effectiveness of programs, initiatives and strategies and their ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Implements total rewards processes and procedures within area of functional responsibility in alignment with ABB guidance, policy, and procedures.
- Partners with HRBPs and business leaders to understand current issues that can be supported or resolved through existing, new, and/or improved HR practices, processes, or policies in area of functional specialty. Counsels HR and business leadership on effective solutions to resolve issues and support long-term objectives.
- Monitor Total Rewards market trends in the countries of responsibility, in order to recommend consistent solutions.
- Develops and implements Country/Region-specific programs in area of functional specialty, in consultation with global Expert Services. Shares practices with other geographic areas for their use as appropriate.
- Acts as key point of contact for the Group Expert Services. Actively contributes to and supports Group Expert Services design projects and pilots. Feeds back to P&R Function on experience of implementing Group tools and processes in geographic area of responsibility and ensures learnings are incorporated into future program/process design.
- Works with the Operational HR Global Business Services (GBS) team to optimize support for the relevant processes and monitors service delivery in accordance with the pre-defined Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Ensures compliance with legislation and HR policies and compliance standards in area of functional responsibility. Manages local exception requests to policy, within defined parameters, and escalates as necessary.
- Manages adherence to agreed financial plans and budgets.
- Fully qualified HR professional, bachelor or master degree, with a minimum of years of experience in HR / Compensation.
- Expert in compensation programs and their administration and the broader HR strategy, anticipating customer needs and identifying solutions.
- Experienced in working in a global organization is preferred, with demonstrated cultural sensitivity, and experience dealing with multiple countries.
- In addition, you bring a good portion of pragmatism, decisiveness and willingness to develop solutions, and proven economic skills.
- You are proven in dealing with HR colleagues and executives, effectively communicates, collaborates and interfaces with senior management.
- Your way of working is characterized by a clear service orientation and a high degree of independence, so that you can drive your tasks and projects forward quickly and on your own responsibility.
- Your high commitment, resilience and flexibility will help you to develop solutions even for challenging topics and time bottlenecks.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and HRIS (e.g. SAP/ Workday).
- Fluent English and Spanish/Italian for Business.
- Meal allowance
- Flexible work practices
- Company mobile phone
- Wellbeing program
- Employee Share Acquisition Plan
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid